Logging level of "SSL: Socket error"

Roger Lipscombe-2
I thought I'd follow up on
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2018-July/095948.html,
wherein (to summarise):

Roger: the logging level of "SSL: Socket error" changed from info to
error; causes lots of noise in logs. See
https://github.com/erlang/otp/commit/6e28a7909c665cc316d657dda02a2b8655ecc5da#diff-5e580136b1f3094b464f9870a474ee67L972

Ingela: so it did; might need reviewing.

This is still the case in OTP-22.1; see
https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/OTP-22.1/lib/ssl/src/ssl_connection.erl#L1503

So, following up: any thoughts about downgrading (or making
configurable) the log level for this particular (class of) errors?

Re: Logging level of "SSL: Socket error"

Ingela Andin
Hi!

This seem to be a misunderstanding we will change it back to info level.

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 at 12:26, Ingela Andin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This seem to be a misunderstanding we will change it back to info level.

Thanks.