Looking for generic ABAC authorization tool

Looking for generic ABAC authorization tool

Frans Schneider-2
Dear list,

I have to implement authorization for a REST based Electronic Health
Record system. Creating such a ABAC system is a huge effort, so I am
wondering if there is something readily available. I have been looking
at things like XACML and Apache Shiro, but XACML seems hardly used and I
just hate anything which uses Java. Authorization must be something very
often used, so is there anything generic availability that you know of
or how do you tackle authorization?

Frans