MC68000 port

James Hague-3
> I would love to have the BEAM specification (with all the
> opcodes, ...).
> I would then volunteer to make a beam interpreter on the Palm
> (using Forth
> probably to get a very small overhead compared to C).

I would love to see document describing the BEAM architecture, including a
reference for the generic opcode set.   I expect it would be fairly easy to
write an emulator for a subset of BEAM.  Not only would be an interesting
project, but it would open the door to writing pico Erlangs for specific
needs.  Surely Ericsson has a BEAM write-up that could be released?

James

MC68000 port

Björn Gustavsson-3
Sorry, I still haven't had any spare time to write any BEAM documentation.
And, no, we have no internal documentation that we are keeping secret.

According to my plans, I might have some spare time
right after the R12 release. :-)

However, in the R8 release, there will be an improved and extended beam_lib
plus a BEAM disassembler for .beam files. (For a BEAM disassembler for
loaded code, try erts_debug:df(Mod) (in R7B). A Mod.dis file will be
created.)

/Bjorn

--
Bj?rn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
bjorn      ?T2/UAB/F/P