Mnesia is stuck in mnesia_controller:rec_tabs

Mnesia is stuck in mnesia_controller:rec_tabs

Yevhenii Kurtov
Morning people,

My application is  suddenly stopped to load. Observer tells me that it's being stuck here https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/master/lib/mnesia/src/mnesia_controller.erl#L277 while loading >5Gb file in disc_copies mode.
I didn't change anything related to mnesia interactions which is why this is weird. Also it doesn't even try to load anything - table is of size of 0.

Table load is performed through mnesia:force_load_table.

Can anyone please suggest what is wrong?

Have a great  week!

Re: Mnesia is stuck in mnesia_controller:rec_tabs

Dan Gudmundsson-2
That is user process waiting for completion, more interesting is what is the mnesia processes doing and what is their state,
mnesia_controller?
What are the other nodes doing?

mnesia:info() on the other nodes may give some clues on processes holding locks and so.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 8:30 AM Yevhenii Kurtov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Morning people,

My application is  suddenly stopped to load. Observer tells me that it's being stuck here https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/master/lib/mnesia/src/mnesia_controller.erl#L277 while loading >5Gb file in disc_copies mode.
I didn't change anything related to mnesia interactions which is why this is weird. Also it doesn't even try to load anything - table is of size of 0.

Table load is performed through mnesia:force_load_table.

Can anyone please suggest what is wrong?

Have a great  week!

Re: Mnesia is stuck in mnesia_controller:rec_tabs

Yevhenii Kurtov
mnesia_controller  stack trace is

gen_server:loop/6 (gen_server.erl:368)
proc_lib:init_p_do_apply/3 (proc_lib.erl:247)

It's state is

{state,<0.338.0>,true,[],[],
       {0,nil},
       [],[],
       {0,nil},
       undefined,[],[],#Ref<0.0.4.1852>,false}

No logged events and status is Running.

mnesia_locker is in the mnesia_locker.loop/1 on mnesia_locker.erl:159, it's state is  {state,<0.338.0>}
mnesia_monitor stack trace  is same as in mnesia_controller and {state,<0.338.0>,[],[],true,[],undefined,[],[]}
mnesia_tm state is {state,{0,nil},{0,nil},<0.338.0>,[],[],[]}

I will try to check mnesia.info now

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 8:46 AM Dan Gudmundsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Removing schema.DAT and restarting application seems to do the trick. Seems that schema was changed.

Any options to get around that?