Newbie observation.

Paul Barry
Hello folks.

So my ring of 10,000 processes is processing 10,000 messages (around
the ring)... and it's taking a while. So I ask "top" to report on
what's happening.

I'm seeing 190% CPU usage... and then it hits me.  I've a dual core
and Erlang is happily using both of them.  Right?

Paul.

P.S. It took just over 5 minutes on my 18 month old Mac Book Pro.  :-)

--
Paul Barry, w: http://paulbarry.itcarlow.ie, e: [hidden email]
Lecturer, Computer Networking: Institute of Technology, Carlow, Ireland.

Re: Newbie observation.

Jesse Gumm
Sounds like it!

I'm not sure if Mac's top is any different (i'd assume not), but if it's not, you can press 1 to get a breakdown of individual CPUs.

Alternatively, htop gives a nice graph representation.

I'm a total sucker for htop.

-Jesse

--
Jesse Gumm