OTP 22.0 doc_man SHA256 mismatch?

Thomas Cioppettini
So I was going about updating the erlang homebrew formula and am running into a weird issue. Here's what I've done so far.

I've download the following file:

I ran this command on that file to get the sha256 checksum for homebrew

$: shasum -a 256 otp_doc_man_22.0.tar.gz
=> e384ba02133aabc3ebac421f4dbd46893540e746c6a7ac5e90c4d2be850d08c6

I've updated homebrew with that sha, but with the upgrade I'm getting a ChecksumMismatchError which I think is weird. After taking a look at the file homebrew is downloading it's size matches 1.3M so that makes sense. So I then went to check the original tar.gz I've downloaded and that comes in at a whopping 7.1M. Does anyone have a clue as to why these files might be different?

I know that they could be different for nefarious reasons, but I wanted a sanity check before I went to sabotage as the reason the files are different.

Re: OTP 22.0 doc_man SHA256 mismatch?

Kenneth Lundin-5
The file on the server is 1.3 Mbytes but decompressed with "gunzip" I get 7065600 bytes which matches the 7.1M you mention.
I think your browser or something is uncompressing the file automatically.

The checksum you get is what I get when running on the 7.1M gunzipped file
$: shasum -a 256 otp_doc_man_22.0.tar

/Regards Kenneth , Erlang/OTP Ericsson