OTP and database initialization

Andy Kriger
Trying to wrap my head around the OTP ecosystem. For a brand-new
application, which would need to initialize a data store by creating
tables (Mneisa, Riak, PostgreSQL, whatever), is there an OTP  way to
handle that? Should that be managed within the application with a
check in the application supervisor init function? Or perhaps by
breaking the data access into its own gen_server whose supervisor can
init tables if necessary? Or is this usually handled outside the
application w a one-time script?

A lot to digest in OTP, so I'm looking to the experienced for best practices.

--
Be well,
andy

Welcome to http://householder-yogi.net