Obfuscated Erlang/OTP competition @ the User Conference

Ola Andersson A (AL/EAB)-2
What? Do you mean that it is actually possible to write obfuscated
erlang code? =:O
*total shock and disbelief*
/OLA.

Håkan Huss-2
"The determined Real Programmer can write Fortran programs in any language." :-)

/H?kan

2005/10/20, Ola Andersson A (AL/EAB) <ola.a.andersson>:

> What? Do you mean that it is actually possible to write obfuscated
> erlang code? =:O
> *total shock and disbelief*
> /OLA.

Luke Gorrie-3
H?kan Huss <huss01> writes:

> "The determined Real Programmer can write Fortran programs in any
> language." :-)

C     I OBJECT TO THIS STEREOTYPE THAT FORTRAN PROGRAMMERS ARE SOMEHOW   000100
C     FIXED IN THEIR WAYS AND UNABLE TO ADAPT TO NEW SURROUNDINGS. I ST  000200
C     ARTED OUT PROGRAMMING IN FORTRAN ON A TOPS-10 SYSTEM AND OTHER SI  000300
C     MILAR MACHINES.  ALTHOUGH, I MUST ADMIT, I STILL HAVE SOME BAD HA  000400
C     BITS I PICKED UP FROM THOSE OLD DAYS, BY AND LARGE I BELIEVE I HA  000500
C     VE OVERCOME MOST OF THE WORST ONES.                                000600

(*) "Bad Habbits" http://www.python.org/doc/Humor.html

Obfuscated Erlang/OTP competition @ the User Conference

Francesco Mazzoli-2
Oh dear, if in total shock and disbelief, than you should stay well away
from the Erlang user conference, as it will give you goosebumps when we
present the winners. I would class the submissions handed in so far as
both elegant and abusive! A one liner submitted has in fact been used in
a live network... And the author has not told us what it does. We should
maybe have a competition to figure it out ;-)

You still have November 4th for your submissions, so hurry...

Regards,,
Francesco