Parallella is here ... anyone has some erlang VM running on it ? :)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parallella is here ... anyone has some erlang VM running on it ? :)

Yann SECQ-2
Hi all,

for those interested in nice new hardware that could fit wisely
with erlang, you'll be happy to know that you can pre-order this
new Raspberry Pi sized parallel computer:
- http://shop.adapteva.com/collections/parallella/products/parallella-16

It seems that some folks within Erlang Solutions are already
hacking this little beast:
-
http://www.parallella.org/2013/02/04/parallella-and-erlang-an-introduction/
-
http://www.parallella.org/2013/05/25/explorations-in-erlang-with-the-parallela-a-prelude/

I tried to find if a specific erlang bundle was available for
parallela there:
- https://www.erlang-solutions.com/downloads/download-erlang-otp
- or, http://www.erlang-embedded.com
but have not been successful :(

Do you know if some VM and tools (cf. OpenCL in the demo) will
be packaged and released by Erlang Solutions in the near future ?

Said otherwise, should I buy my parallela right now or wait some
months ? ;)

Thank you, yann.

--
Contact: yann.secq{at}univ-lille1.fr   | www.lifl.fr/~secq
www.ouverture-independance.fr | www.sauvonsluniversite.com
--
"Ne d?sesp?rez jamais. Faites infuser davantage.", Henri Michaux

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parallella is here ... anyone has some erlang VM running on it ? :)

Karol Urbański
Hi Yann,

we're working on releasing the erlang virtual machine for Parallella,
and we're pretty close to completing the packaging process. If all goes
well, we should have something up on the Erlang Solutions page by the
end of this week. :)

Best regards,
Karol Urbanski
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 12:56:56PM +0200, Yann SECQ wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> for those interested in nice new hardware that could fit wisely
> with erlang, you'll be happy to know that you can pre-order this
> new Raspberry Pi sized parallel computer:
> - http://shop.adapteva.com/collections/parallella/products/parallella-16
>
> It seems that some folks within Erlang Solutions are already
> hacking this little beast:
> - http://www.parallella.org/2013/02/04/parallella-and-erlang-an-introduction/
> - http://www.parallella.org/2013/05/25/explorations-in-erlang-with-the-parallela-a-prelude/
>
> I tried to find if a specific erlang bundle was available for
> parallela there:
> - https://www.erlang-solutions.com/downloads/download-erlang-otp
> - or, http://www.erlang-embedded.com
> but have not been successful :(
>
> Do you know if some VM and tools (cf. OpenCL in the demo) will
> be packaged and released by Erlang Solutions in the near future ?
>
> Said otherwise, should I buy my parallela right now or wait some
> months ? ;)
>
> Thank you, yann.
>
> --
> Contact: yann.secq{at}univ-lille1.fr   | www.lifl.fr/~secq
> www.ouverture-independance.fr | www.sauvonsluniversite.com
> --
> "Ne d?sesp?rez jamais. Faites infuser davantage.", Henri Michaux
> _______________________________________________
> erlang-questions mailing list
> erlang-questions
> http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parallella is here ... anyone has some erlang VM running on it ? :)

Francesco Mazzoli-2
And if you believe in rumors, the parallela board should come preinstalled with Erlang as part of the standard image....

F

Karol Urbanski <karol.urbanski> wrote:

>Hi Yann,
>
>we're working on releasing the erlang virtual machine for Parallella,
>and we're pretty close to completing the packaging process. If all goes
>well, we should have something up on the Erlang Solutions page by the
>end of this week. :)
>
>Best regards,
>Karol Urbanski
>On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 12:56:56PM +0200, Yann SECQ wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> for those interested in nice new hardware that could fit wisely
>> with erlang, you'll be happy to know that you can pre-order this
>> new Raspberry Pi sized parallel computer:
>> -
>http://shop.adapteva.com/collections/parallella/products/parallella-16
>>
>> It seems that some folks within Erlang Solutions are already
>> hacking this little beast:
>> -
>http://www.parallella.org/2013/02/04/parallella-and-erlang-an-introduction/
>> -
>http://www.parallella.org/2013/05/25/explorations-in-erlang-with-the-parallela-a-prelude/
>>
>> I tried to find if a specific erlang bundle was available for
>> parallela there:
>> - https://www.erlang-solutions.com/downloads/download-erlang-otp
>> - or, http://www.erlang-embedded.com
>> but have not been successful :(
>>
>> Do you know if some VM and tools (cf. OpenCL in the demo) will
>> be packaged and released by Erlang Solutions in the near future ?
>>
>> Said otherwise, should I buy my parallela right now or wait some
>> months ? ;)
>>
>> Thank you, yann.
>>
>> --
>> Contact: yann.secq{at}univ-lille1.fr   | www.lifl.fr/~secq
>> www.ouverture-independance.fr | www.sauvonsluniversite.com
>> --
>> "Ne d?sesp?rez jamais. Faites infuser davantage.", Henri Michaux
>> _______________________________________________
>> erlang-questions mailing list
>> erlang-questions
>> http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions
>_______________________________________________
>erlang-questions mailing list
>erlang-questions
>http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions

--
Erlang Solutions Ltd
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/attachments/20130723/2b09d5b8/attachment.html>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parallella is here ... anyone has some erlang VM running on it ? :)

Yann SECQ-2
Le 23/07/13 14:14, Francesco Cesarini a ?crit :
> And if you believe in rumors, the parallela board should come
> preinstalled with Erlang as part of the standard image....

Thank you Karol and Francesco for these great news !

Adapteva has sold one more chip ;)

Best regards, yann.

--
Contact: yann.secq{at}univ-lille1.fr   | www.lifl.fr/~secq
www.ouverture-independance.fr | www.sauvonsluniversite.com
--
"Ne d?sesp?rez jamais. Faites infuser davantage.", Henri Michaux

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parallella is here ... anyone has some erlang VM running on it ? :)

Snyder, Hal
In reply to this post by Francesco Mazzoli-2
Big data, move over for big concurrency. I could see some apps shifting from passive NoSQL stores to function spaces where data elements are light-weight processes that manage their own interconnections.

From: Francesco Cesarini <francesco<mailto:francesco>>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 07:14:06 -0500
To: Karol Urbanski <karol.urbanski<mailto:karol.urbanski>>, Yann SECQ <yann.secq<mailto:yann.secq>>
Cc: Erlang-Questions List <erlang-questions<mailto:erlang-questions>>
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Parallella is here ... anyone has some erlang VM running on it ? :)

And if you believe in rumors, the parallela board should come preinstalled with Erlang as part of the standard image....

F

Karol Urbanski <karol.urbanski<mailto:karol.urbanski>> wrote:

Hi Yann,

we're working on releasing the erlang virtual machine for Parallella,
and we're pretty close to completing the packaging process. If all goes
well, we should have something up on the Erlang Solutions page by the
end of this week. :)

Best regards,
Karol Urbanski
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 12:56:56PM +0200, Yann SECQ wrote:
Hi all,

for those interested in nice new hardware that could fit wisely
with erlang, you'll be happy to know that you can pre-order this
new Raspberry Pi sized parallel computer:
- http://shop.adapteva.com/collections/parallella/products/parallella-16

It seems that so
 me
folks within Erlang Solutions are already
hacking this little beast:
- http://www.parallella.org/2013/02/04/parallella-and-erlang-an-introduction/
- http://www.parallella.org/2013/05/25/explorations-in-erlang-with-the-parallela-a-prelude/

I tried to find if a specific erlang bundle was available for
parallela there:
- https://www.erlang-solutions.com/downloads/download-erlang-otp
- or, http://www.erlang-embedded.com
but have not been successful :(

Do you know if some VM and tools (cf. OpenCL in the demo) will
be packaged and released by Erlang Solutions in the near future ?

Said otherwise, should
  I buy
my parallela right now or wait some
months ? ;)

Thank you, yann.

--
Contact: yann.secq{at}univ-lille1.fr<http://univ-lille1.fr>   | www.lifl.fr/~secq<http://www.lifl.fr/~secq>
www.ouverture-independance.fr<http://www.ouverture-independance.fr> | www.sauvonsluniversite.com<http://www.sauvonsluniversite.com>
--
"Ne d?sesp?rez jamais. Faites infuser davantage.", Henri Michaux
________________________________

erlang-questions mailing list
erlang-questions<mailto:erlang-questions>
http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions
________________________________

erlang-questions mailing list
erlang-questions<mailto:erlang-questions>
http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions

--
Erlang Solutions Ltd
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/attachments/20130724/629da34e/attachment.html>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parallella is here ... anyone has some erlang VM running on it ? :)

Yann SECQ-2
Le 24/07/13 11:32, Snyder, Hal a ?crit :
> Big data, move over for big concurrency. I could see some apps shifting
> from passive NoSQL stores to function spaces where data elements are
> light-weight processes that manage their own interconnections.

I was also tinkering this idea by wondering if someone had already
thought of an actor-based rdf store and what it could mean in terms
of distributed querying and ontology evolution ...

Just dreaming :)

--
Contact: yann.secq{at}univ-lille1.fr   | www.lifl.fr/~secq
www.ouverture-independance.fr | www.sauvonsluniversite.com
--
"Ne d?sesp?rez jamais. Faites infuser davantage.", Henri Michaux

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parallella is here ... anyone has some erlang VM running on it ? :)

Antoine Koener-2


--
Take this message with special care because I was driving :-)

On 24 juil. 2013, at 15:01, Yann SECQ <yann.secq> wrote:

> Le 24/07/13 11:32, Snyder, Hal a ?crit :
>> Big data, move over for big concurrency. I could see some apps shifting
>> from passive NoSQL stores to function spaces where data elements are
>> light-weight processes that manage their own interconnections.
>
> I was also tinkering this idea by wondering if someone had already
> thought of an actor-based rdf store and what it could mean in terms
> of distributed querying and ontology evolution ...
>
> Just dreaming :)
>

No need to dream, see:
Fis-gtm aka mumps.
Replication aware column store is the answer.

Search for Erlang egtm binding...

> --
> Contact: yann.secq{at}univ-lille1.fr   | www.lifl.fr/~secq
> www.ouverture-independance.fr | www.sauvonsluniversite.com
> --
> "Ne d?sesp?rez jamais. Faites infuser davantage.", Henri Michaux
> _______________________________________________
> erlang-questions mailing list
> erlang-questions
> http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parallella is here ... anyone has some erlang VM running on it ? :)

Karol Urbański
In reply to this post by Yann SECQ-2
Hey Yann,
you (and others reading this) might be interested to know we have begun
testing our packages for Parallella and Pi. Anyone who wants to play
around is welcome to add this line to their /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://packages.erlang-solutions.com/debian oneiric contrib

and then run

$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install erlang

which will install the R16B01 virtual machine and the entire OTP suite.

If you want to install a smaller package with just the bare essentials,
try

$ sudo apt-get install erlang-mini

We're eagerly awaiting your feedback. :)

Best regards,
Karol Urbanski

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 12:56:56PM +0200, Yann SECQ wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> for those interested in nice new hardware that could fit wisely
> with erlang, you'll be happy to know that you can pre-order this
> new Raspberry Pi sized parallel computer:
> - http://shop.adapteva.com/collections/parallella/products/parallella-16
>
> It seems that some folks within Erlang Solutions are already
> hacking this little beast:
> - http://www.parallella.org/2013/02/04/parallella-and-erlang-an-introduction/
> - http://www.parallella.org/2013/05/25/explorations-in-erlang-with-the-parallela-a-prelude/
>
> I tried to find if a specific erlang bundle was available for
> parallela there:
> - https://www.erlang-solutions.com/downloads/download-erlang-otp
> - or, http://www.erlang-embedded.com
> but have not been successful :(
>
> Do you know if some VM and tools (cf. OpenCL in the demo) will
> be packaged and released by Erlang Solutions in the near future ?
>
> Said otherwise, should I buy my parallela right now or wait some
> months ? ;)
>
> Thank you, yann.
>
> --
> Contact: yann.secq{at}univ-lille1.fr   | www.lifl.fr/~secq
> www.ouverture-independance.fr | www.sauvonsluniversite.com
> --
> "Ne d?sesp?rez jamais. Faites infuser davantage.", Henri Michaux
> _______________________________________________
> erlang-questions mailing list
> erlang-questions
> http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions