Problem installing RabbitMQ

Merlin Brasil
Hi, new to Erlang.

Just downloaded the latest Erlang to my Windows 10 computer.

When I go to install RabbitMQ, I get the following message:

RabbitMQ Error.png

I already had versions 3 and 6 of Erlang, which I uninstalled, but I cannot find ANY reference to a version 7.1
ANYWHERE on my computer. Registry points to the latest version 21, as does the Environment Path variable

I'd be most grateful for any help you can provide locating this problem.

Thanks,
Merlin

Re: Problem installing RabbitMQ

PAILLEAU Eric

7.1 is maybe referring to erts version, and would imply  an Erlang <a href="tel:18.1.5">18.1.5 version. Do you have such a version installed, even in past, on your computer?
Regards

Envoyé depuis mon Sony Xperia M2 d'Orange

---- Merlin Brasil a écrit ----

Hi, new to Erlang.

Just downloaded the latest Erlang to my Windows 10 computer.

When I go to install RabbitMQ, I get the following message:

I already had versions 3 and 6 of Erlang, which I uninstalled, but I cannot find ANY reference to a version 7.1
ANYWHERE on my computer. Registry points to the latest version 21, as does the Environment Path variable

I'd be most grateful for any help you can provide locating this problem.

Thanks,
Merlin

Re: Problem installing RabbitMQ

PAILLEAU Eric
there is a page for relation between erlang and rabbitmq versions.

https://www.rabbitmq.com/which-erlang.html

Le 10/11/2018 à 10:23, Eric Pailleau a écrit :

> 7.1 is maybe referring to erts version, and would imply  an Erlang
> 18.1.5 <tel:18.1.5> version. Do you have such a version installed, even
> in past, on your computer?
> Regards
>
> Envoyé depuis mon Sony Xperia M2 d'Orange
>

> ---- Merlin Brasil a écrit ----
>
> Hi, new to Erlang.
>
> Just downloaded the latest Erlang to my Windows 10 computer.
>
> When I go to install RabbitMQ, I get the following message:
>
> RabbitMQ Error.png
>
> I already had versions 3 and 6 of Erlang, which I uninstalled, but I
> cannot find ANY reference to a version 7.1
> ANYWHERE on my computer. Registry points to the latest version 21, as
> does the Environment Path variable
>
> I'd be most grateful for any help you can provide locating this problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Merlin

Re: Problem installing RabbitMQ

Luke Bakken-2
Hi Merlin,

I swear I saw this question posted by you in another forum like the rabbitmq-users mailing list or Stack Overflow. Did you post this elsewhere?

At any rate, this is the code that detects Erlang version:

One thing that is probably not obvious is that the NSIS-based installer for RabbitMQ is 32-bit. That means it only looks in the Wow6432Node section of the Windows registry. I suspect you have a stale key under that starting point, in the path Software\Ericsson\Erlang

Thanks,
Luke

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 1:14 AM Merlin Brasil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, new to Erlang.

Just downloaded the latest Erlang to my Windows 10 computer.

When I go to install RabbitMQ, I get the following message:

RabbitMQ Error.png

I already had versions 3 and 6 of Erlang, which I uninstalled, but I cannot find ANY reference to a version 7.1
ANYWHERE on my computer. Registry points to the latest version 21, as does the Environment Path variable

I'd be most grateful for any help you can provide locating this problem

Re: Problem installing RabbitMQ

Merlin Brasil
Thanks for the very specific and absolutely spot-on information, Luke!

There was indeed a prior installation in the registry under Wow6432Node and, after deleting that 7.1 reference, the RabbitMQ install worked perfectly, as advertised.

And, yes, I had posted the problem to the RMQ list several days ago, but had no response there, at least not that I noticed. I thought about the problem and wrote, I think, a better problem description to the Erlang list. The problem seemed to be more Erlang-related, which turned out to be a good decision.

Thanks again for the specificity of your answer and the code-reference was an added bonus :)  Your resume now resides on my desktop :) First beer's on me when you make it to Rio!

Best regards,
Merlin