Publishing releases on erlang.org

Vlad Dumitrescu-2
Hi!

The latest package published on http://erlang.org/download/ is 20.0, despite having the 20.0.x README files there. This makes it difficult to use kerl, that gets the sources from there, and the original 20.0.0 has at least one big bug that was fixed in the meantime (string:len/1).

Could you please publish the latest archive? Thanks!

best regards,
Vlad

Re: Publishing releases on erlang.org

Loïc Hoguin-3
kerl build git https://github.com/erlang/otp OTP-20.0.4 OTP-20.0.4

Just saying. :-)

On 08/27/2017 05:09 PM, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The latest package published on http://erlang.org/download/ is 20.0,
> despite having the 20.0.x README files there. This makes it difficult to
> use kerl, that gets the sources from there, and the original 20.0.0 has
> at least one big bug that was fixed in the meantime (string:len/1).
>
> Could you please publish the latest archive? Thanks!
>
> best regards,
> Vlad

Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu

Re: Publishing releases on erlang.org

Vlad Dumitrescu-2
Ah, okay, I never used the "git" option, didn't even know about it.

Thanks a lot!

regards,
Vlad

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Loïc Hoguin <[hidden email]> wrote:
kerl build git https://github.com/erlang/otp OTP-20.0.4 OTP-20.0.4

Just saying. :-)

On 08/27/2017 05:09 PM, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
Hi!

The latest package published on http://erlang.org/download/ is 20.0, despite having the 20.0.x README files there. This makes it difficult to use kerl, that gets the sources from there, and the original 20.0.0 has at least one big bug that was fixed in the meantime (string:len/1).

Could you please publish the latest archive? Thanks!

best regards,
Vlad

Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu

Re: Publishing releases on erlang.org

Raimo Niskanen-2
On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 05:09:18PM +0200, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The latest package published on http://erlang.org/download/ is 20.0,
> despite having the 20.0.x README files there. This makes it difficult to
> use kerl, that gets the sources from there, and the original 20.0.0 has at
> least one big bug that was fixed in the meantime (string:len/1).
>
> Could you please publish the latest archive? Thanks!

We do not publish tar archives for patch versions, so you will have to get
the sources through the version control system (Git).