QUIC Support in Erlang/OTP

austin aigbe-2
Hello,

Some questions on QUIC

1. Please is there a complete QUIC implementation in Erlang?
2. Any plan to support QUIC transport in Erlang/OTP e.g gen_quic ?
3. Is cowboy support for QUIC available?

Thanks.

Regards,
Austin

Re: QUIC Support in Erlang/OTP

Loïc Hoguin-3
On 01/13/2018 08:36 AM, austin aigbe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some questions on QUIC
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jdKEQMlM7ThDMDalFYFR_9-Yw91PhoBmkAPQcCicX3s/pub>
>
> 1. Please is there a complete QUIC implementation in Erlang?

There is no complete QUIC specification so that's unlikely. Give it a
year for that, and maybe another year for a good implementation.

> 2. Any plan to support QUIC transport in Erlang/OTP e.g gen_quic ?
> 3. Is cowboy support for QUIC available?

It's still unclear what will be necessary for this because of the lack
of specification. Last I heard there was still some big questions around
how h2 must fit into QUIC.

--
Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu

Re: QUIC Support in Erlang/OTP

Guilherme Andrade
Hi Austin,

On 13 January 2018 at 07:36, austin aigbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
1. Please is there a complete QUIC implementation in Erlang?

I've worked on it for a while[1] but it didn't go anywhere, and it's likely quite outdated by now.

[1]: https://github.com/g-andrade/quack

--
Guilherme