Quantcast

Question about using ETS, PUT/GET

flowerstars
Hi everyone,

I am working on developing modules on ejabberd. I tried to use ETS in start/2. The codes are following:

  ets:new(table_name, [named_table, public, bag]),
  ets:insert(table_name, {num, 999}),

I use "ets:lookup(table_name, num)," in another function within the same file to read the value "999".

The issue is I cannot start ejabberd, according to the log, when the second time this module starts, ejabberd tells there is an argument error.

Actually, I just want to share some variables. I used to use PUT/2 and GET/1, I use "put(key, Value)" in start/2, and use "get(key)" in another function within one file. However, what I got is "undefined". Are they in the same process?

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks a lot!

Re: Question about using ETS, PUT/GET

steven join