Questions of configuring on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11

Questions of configuring on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11

Toan H. Le
Hi,

I try to compile Erlang R14B on SUSE 11 but I face errors of configuring.

This is the output on screen
**********************  APPLICATIONS DISABLED  **********************

crypto         : No usable OpenSSL found
jinterface     : No Java compiler found
ssh            : No usable OpenSSL found
ssl            : No usable OpenSSL found

**********************  APPLICATIONS INFORMATION  *******************

wx             : wxWidgets not found, wx will NOT be usable

**********************  DOCUMENTATION INFORMATION  ******************

documentation  :
                 fop is missing.
                 Using fakefop to generate placeholder PDF files.

1. APPLICATIONS DISABLED
I don't install JDK, so I agree with error of jinterface.
I trace upward and find that the following warning may affect the crypto,
ssh, and ssl
----
checking for OpenSSL >= 0.9.7 in standard locations... no
configure: WARNING: No (usable) OpenSSL found, skipping ssl, ssh and crypto
applications
----
I did check with yast; two packages are install openssl (0.9.8h) and
libopenssl0_9_8. I think those two are enough to use OpenSSL.

Do I need something to bypass error of openssl?

2. APPLICATIONS INFORMATION
I did check again with yast and package wxGTK is installed. I am not sure if
it is enough or not. If I need to install any package, please tell me.

3. DOCUMENTATION INFORMATION
Again, can anyone tell me what is the fop and do I need it?

Thanks for all your help.

Toan H. Le

Re: Questions of configuring on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11

Attila Rajmund Nohl
2010/11/17, Toan H. Le <[hidden email]>:
[...]

> I trace upward and find that the following warning may affect the crypto,
> ssh, and ssl
> ----
> checking for OpenSSL >= 0.9.7 in standard locations... no
> configure: WARNING: No (usable) OpenSSL found, skipping ssl, ssh and crypto
> applications
> ----
> I did check with yast; two packages are install openssl (0.9.8h) and
> libopenssl0_9_8. I think those two are enough to use OpenSSL.
>
> Do I need something to bypass error of openssl?

Probably the openssl-devel package.

Re: Questions of configuring on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11

Alain O'Dea
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Attila Rajmund Nohl <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2010/11/17, Toan H. Le <[hidden email]>:
> [...]
> > I trace upward and find that the following warning may affect the crypto,
> > ssh, and ssl
> > ----
> > checking for OpenSSL >= 0.9.7 in standard locations... no
> > configure: WARNING: No (usable) OpenSSL found, skipping ssl, ssh and
> crypto
> > applications
> > ----
> > I did check with yast; two packages are install openssl (0.9.8h) and
> > libopenssl0_9_8. I think those two are enough to use OpenSSL.
> >
> > Do I need something to bypass error of openssl?
>
> Probably the openssl-devel package.

And Java JDK.  I usually install openjdk.

And wxWidgets.  You'll need wxWidgets 2.8 runtime and devel packages for
that.  It's worth having.

Re: Questions of configuring on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11

Gregory Haskins
On 11/17/10 2:47 AM, Toan H. Le wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to compile Erlang R14B on SUSE 11 but I face errors of configuring.

FYI: I have 14B already packaged for SUSE-11 (SP1), here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ghaskins:/erlang/SLE_11_SP1/

I could easily add SLE-11.0 to the build-service, if you were looking
for supporting the older GMC.

You can either just zypper ar my repo in, or at least take a look at the
.src.rpm for hints as to how it was compiled.

-Greg

Re: Questions of configuring on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11

Toan H. Le
Thanks Greg. I can install from your repository.

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 1:34 AM, Gregory Haskins
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 11/17/10 2:47 AM, Toan H. Le wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I try to compile Erlang R14B on SUSE 11 but I face errors of configuring.
>
> FYI: I have 14B already packaged for SUSE-11 (SP1), here:
>

> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ghaskins:/erlang/SLE_11_SP1/
>
> I could easily add SLE-11.0 to the build-service, if you were looking
> for supporting the older GMC.
>
> You can either just zypper ar my repo in, or at least take a look at the
> .src.rpm for hints as to how it was compiled.
>
> -Greg

Toan H. Le