R8B PRE-RELEASES

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

R8B PRE-RELEASES

Kent Boortz-2

************************ R8B PRE-RELEASES ************************

This will be the last pre-releases before the real R8B release. These
are close to the final releases, we are not working on any additions
or bug fixes. There will be some minor documentation changes.

Addresses starting with "http://erlang.ericsson.se" below are Ericsson
intranet addresses.

The new OpenSource prerelease can be found at

  http://www.erlang.org/download/prereleases/
  http://erlang.ericsson.se/opensource/download/prereleases/

The commercial pre-releases (you need a license key) can be found at

  http://www.erlang.se/lic_area/protected/releases/otp_sunos5_P8A-20011007-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
  http://www.erlang.se/lic_area/protected/releases/otp_solaris8_P8A-20011007-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
  http://www.erlang.se/lic_area/protected/releases/otp_linux-x86-rh7.1_P8A-20011007-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
  http://www.erlang.se/lic_area/protected/releases/otp_vxworks_ppc603_P8A-20011007-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
  http://erlang.ericsson.se/lic_area/protected/releases/otp_sunos5_P8A-20011007-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
  http://erlang.ericsson.se/lic_area/protected/releases/otp_solaris8_P8A-20011007-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
  http://erlang.ericsson.se/lic_area/protected/releases/otp_linux-x86-rh7.1_P8A-20011007-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
  http://erlang.ericsson.se/lic_area/protected/releases/otp_vxworks_ppc603_P8A-20011007-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz

The documentation with updated release notes can be found at

  http://www.erlang.org/doc/p8a/doc/
  http://erlang.ericsson.se/opensource/doc/p8a/doc/


The OTP Team


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

R8B PRE-RELEASES

Per Hedeland-4
Hi,

What has happened with hipe/x86 in the latest release ?
When trying to compile I get the following (Linux RH7.1/P4).

Regards
Per

--snip--

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 2001.10.07 [source] [hipe] [unified heap] [threads:0]

Eshell V2001.10.07  (abort with ^G)
1> hipe:c(foo).

=ERROR REPORT==== 10-Oct-2001::00:26:56 ===
Error in process <0.30.0> with exit value:
{system_limit,[{hipe_bifs,alloc_code,"?"},{hipe_x86_loader,load_module,3},{hipe,finalize,4},{hipe,compile_finish,5}]}

** exited: {system_limit,[{hipe_bifs,alloc_code,"?"},
                          {hipe_x86_loader,load_module,3},
                          {hipe,finalize,4},
                          {hipe,compile_finish,5}]} **
-- end snip --




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

R8B PRE-RELEASES

Björn Gustavsson-3
Hipe and unified heap currently does not currently work together,
I think.

/Bj?rn

Per Bergqvist <per> writes:

> Hi,
>
> What has happened with hipe/x86 in the latest release ?
> When trying to compile I get the following (Linux RH7.1/P4).
>
> Regards
> Per
>
> --snip--
>
> Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 2001.10.07 [source] [hipe] [unified heap] [threads:0]
>
> Eshell V2001.10.07  (abort with ^G)
> 1> hipe:c(foo).
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 10-Oct-2001::00:26:56 ===
> Error in process <0.30.0> with exit value:
> {system_limit,[{hipe_bifs,alloc_code,"?"},{hipe_x86_loader,load_module,3},{hipe,finalize,4},{hipe,compile_finish,5}]}
>
> ** exited: {system_limit,[{hipe_bifs,alloc_code,"?"},
>                           {hipe_x86_loader,load_module,3},
>                           {hipe,finalize,4},
>                           {hipe,compile_finish,5}]} **
> -- end snip --
>
>

--
Bj?rn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
bjorn      ?T2/UAB/F/P
                            BOX 1505
+46 8 727 56 87    125 25 ?lvsj?


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

R8B PRE-RELEASES

Mikael Pettersson
Bjorn Gustavsson writes:
 > Hipe and unified heap currently does not currently work together,
 > I think.
 >
 > /Bj?rn
 >
 > Per Bergqvist <per> writes:
 >
 > > Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 2001.10.07 [source] [hipe] [unified heap] [threads:0]
 > >
 > > Eshell V2001.10.07  (abort with ^G)
 > > 1> hipe:c(foo).
 > >
 > > =ERROR REPORT==== 10-Oct-2001::00:26:56 ===
 > > Error in process <0.30.0> with exit value:
 > > {system_limit,[{hipe_bifs,alloc_code,"?"},{hipe_x86_loader,load_module,3},{hipe,finalize,4},{hipe,compile_finish,5}]}
 > >
 > > ** exited: {system_limit,[{hipe_bifs,alloc_code,"?"},

Correct. Unified heap is currently incompatible with compiled code. Sorry, but
the best we can do about that at the moment is to prevent loading compiled code
into a unified heap runtime system.

/Mikael


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

R8B PRE-RELEASES

Per Hedeland-4
Mikael Pettersson wrote:

> Bjorn Gustavsson writes:
>  > Hipe and unified heap currently does not currently work together,
>  > I think.
>  >
>  > /Bj?rn
>  >
>  > Per Bergqvist <per> writes:
>  >
>  > > Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 2001.10.07 [source] [hipe] [unified heap] [threads:0]
>  > >
>  > > Eshell V2001.10.07  (abort with ^G)
>  > > 1> hipe:c(foo).
>  > >
>  > > =ERROR REPORT==== 10-Oct-2001::00:26:56 ===
>  > > Error in process <0.30.0> with exit value:
>  > > {system_limit,[{hipe_bifs,alloc_code,"?"},{hipe_x86_loader,load_module,3},{hipe,finalize,4},{hipe,compile_finish,5}]}
>  > >
>  > > ** exited: {system_limit,[{hipe_bifs,alloc_code,"?"},
>
> Correct. Unified heap is currently incompatible with compiled code. Sorry, but
> the best we can do about that at the moment is to prevent loading compiled code
> into a unified heap runtime system.
>
> /Mikael

Any plans to add this support ?
Unified heap and hipe are both two very good things that give great performance boosts and
I would hate to have to choose ...

/Per