REF: Erlang doc index.html (NON URGENT)

David KOCH
The left pane doesn't opens/shows correctly in the Opera browser. In fact only the last items ("System Documentation" always and sometimes "Miscellaneous") do. Could you please check this for the next iteration ? Thanks...
David "Kochise" KOCH

Re: REF: Erlang doc index.html (NON URGENT)

Alain O'Dea
This is worth reporting to Opera's team.  It works in Safari, Chrome,
Firefox and Internet Exwhich suggests

On Tuesday, December 14, 2010,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The left pane doesn't opens/shows correctly in the Opera browser. In fact only the last items ("System Documentation" always and sometimes "Miscellaneous") do. Could you please check this for the next iteration ? Thanks...
> David "Kochise" KOCH

Re: REF: Erlang doc index.html (NON URGENT)

Alain O'Dea
Sorry about that.  My iPhone is haunted.  I wasn't ready to send that.
 I was in the middle of typing.

What I was saying is that this issue is very likely a bug in Opera or
a configuration issue in your settings.  Have you reproduced the issue
on a fresh Opera install or on Opera on another machine?

If nothing else the Opera team may come back with what makes the page
break in Opera.  That would make fixing this way easier :)

Thank you,
Alain

On Tuesday, December 14, 2010, Alain O'Dea <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is worth reporting to Opera's team.  It works in Safari, Chrome,
> Firefox and Internet Exwhich suggests
>
> On Tuesday, December 14, 2010,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The left pane doesn't opens/shows correctly in the Opera browser. In fact only the last items ("System Documentation" always and sometimes "Miscellaneous") do. Could you please check this for the next iteration ? Thanks...
>> David "Kochise" KOCH

Re: Re: [erlang-questions] REF: Erlang doc index.html (NON URGENT)

David KOCH
Thanks alot Alain. This behavior happens on a fressh Opera 10.63 installation, as well as a previciously installed Opera 10.63 install. It might be a bug, perhaps. However is this 'feature' (paning) really necessary ? A plain ol' html tree ain't enough ?
If the plan is to keep the documentation around a tree-based model (which is a good one) one might consider using a real javascript-based tree that also works under Opera (just tested) like these :
http://www.destroydrop.com/javascripts/tree/
http://www.treemenu.org/ (sourceforge)
http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/treeview/index.shtml
It would then be more easy to dive into the documentation's depth, that would render it almost MSDN-alike :)
David

Message du : 14/12/2010
De : "Alain O 'Dea " <[hidden email]>
A : "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Copie à : [hidden email]
Sujet : Re: [erlang-questions] REF: Erlang doc index.html (NON URGENT)

moi

Re: REF: Erlang doc index.html (NON URGENT)

moi
I have written a user script to fix this.

To use this, remember to update @include to your local directory.

// ==UserScript==
// @name             fix erlang doc
// @author           Mapandfold
// @include          file://localhost/E:/Program%20Files/erl*/*
// ==/UserScript==

window.opera.defineMagicFunction(
    'setscrollpos',
    function ()
    {
        var objf = document.getElementById('loadscrollpos');
        if (objf)
            document.getElementById("leftnav").scrollTop =
objf.offsetTop - getWinHeight()/2;
        else
            initFlip();
    }