RRDTool, (was Re: mnesia, large datasets and key range lookups)

RRDTool, (was Re: mnesia, large datasets and key range lookups)

Anders Nygren-5
Hi
I dont know if this can be useful for the original question, but I thougth that this could
be a good time to mention that I have made an erlang interface to RRDTool.

See http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/ for more info on RRDTool.
RRDTool has two main parts
a) A database for timeseries data
b) A graphing tool

The database assumes that data is sampled at regular intervals, e.g. every 5 min.
If it does not receive data at the exact times it will interpolate.
It has functions for aggregation of data, so for instance You can
keep one set of data in 5 min intervals for 2 days, 1 hour intervals for 3 week, etc
(You get the idea).

The erlang rrdtool interface consists of two parts
rrd_lib: - library with most rrdtool functions, communicates with one rrdtool
               process via a port.

rrdtool: - server that keeps several workers that each controls one rrdtool process
            - file locking to prevent concurrent updates to the same rrd file

I am also working on a higher level interface that will hide some of the rrdtool
details from the erlang program.

I have not put it up for download anywhere yet but if there is interest I can do that.

/Anders Nygren

RRDTool,

Nicolas Niclausse-2

 Anders> Hi I dont know if this can be useful for the original question,
 Anders> but I thougth that this could be a good time to mention that I
 Anders> have made an erlang interface to RRDTool.

 Anders> I have not put it up for download anywhere yet but if there is
 Anders> interest I can do that.

yes, please do.

--
Nicolas NICLAUSSE                       IDEALX S.A.S.
T?l:01 44 42 00 00                      http://IDEALX.com/

Erlogic... again?

Eranga Udesh-5
Dear All,

In most of places I've found a dead link for http://erlogic.sourceforge.net
But now the site is not available. Is there any place that I can find it?

Thanks!
Eranga

Erlogic... again?

Bruce Fitzsimons-2
Casper wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>In most of places I've found a dead link for http://erlogic.sourceforge.net
>But now the site is not available. Is there any place that I can find it?

No its not available. That was my project/fault (Dialogic driver for
Erlang). It never did work quite right, after two reimplementations
using different APIs, so it never got released. (Sigh) It was only for
the analog boards in any case.

Others have built their own bindings that *do* work reliably, but
they're not open source.

What were you intending to do?

/Bruce

Erlogic... again?

Eranga Udesh-5
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I'm planning to build a VoiceMail kind of platform, which will be
scalable and reliable by using the fundamental architecture or Erlang/OTP.
If you don't mind, is it possible to send me a copy of your work. If I
succeed in completing it, I will make it open source, with consent from you.

Thanks!