Quantcast

Resources for QuickCheck and TyPer

schwarzenblitz

I am new to the world of Erlang, and I just started reading about quickcheck and typer, but was unable to find a lot of resources online.

This was the best link i found for quickcheck
http://www.erlang-factory.com/upload/presentations/193/EUC2009-QuickCheck.pdf

However, I still have many unanswered questions...also, I tried to download QuickCheck from this location (official website). But it retruns a page with junk characters. Can someone kindly guide me to a location where I can download quickcheck ?

-Tej

Resources for QuickCheck and TyPer

Tilman Holschuh
Hi Tej,

Have you looked into Proper yet? It's an open source QuickCheck clone you can find here:

https://github.com/manopapad/proper

or here

http://proper.softlab.ntua.gr/

There are some examples and guides on the web page. Helped me to get going with property based testing.

Cheers
- Tilman

On 2012-04-01, at 3:17 PM, schwarzenblitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to the world of Erlang, and I just started reading about quickcheck
> and typer, but was unable to find a lot of resources online.
>
> This was the best link i found for quickcheck
> http://www.erlang-factory.com/upload/presentations/193/EUC2009-QuickCheck.pdf
>
> However, I still have many unanswered questions...also, I tried to download
> QuickCheck from this location (official website). But it retruns a page with
> junk characters. Can someone kindly guide me to a location where I can
> download quickcheck ?
>
> -Tej

Resources for QuickCheck and TyPer

John Hughes

Thanks for reporting this... it's fixed now. Frustrating when things don't
work.

It's an inets/nitrogen/Firefox and Safari gotcha. We recently moved our we
site onto nitrogen on inets, and at least out-of-the-box the combination
serves almost all file types with content type text/plain! That screws up
pdfs, zip files, htm files if you have them, etc etc etc. But Chrome and IE
do the right thing anyway, making the problem invisible *unless* you try to
download the file with Firefox or Safari. Then you just see a mass of junk
characters.

It would be nice if the nitrogen download set the right content type for
more file types from the word go...

John