Running OTP Tests

Michael Schmidt

I’m trying to add test coverage to my PR:

https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/2114

Are there any tips for running specific OTP tests?

I found this, but it acts like I have to generate a new release everytime I modify a .erl file:

https://github.com/erlang/otp/wiki/Running-tests

I can successfully run “ts:run(stdlib, beam_lib_SUITE, [batch])”, but I can’t seem to make any fixes/changes/etc

My goal is to be able to run beam_lib_SUITE.erl after I modify beam_lib.erl rapidly

Thanks!
Mike

Re: Running OTP Tests

Mikael Pettersson-5
On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 5:01 PM Michael Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’m trying to add test coverage to my PR:

https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/2114

Are there any tips for running specific OTP tests?

I found this, but it acts like I have to generate a new release everytime I modify a .erl file:

https://github.com/erlang/otp/wiki/Running-tests

I can successfully run “ts:run(stdlib, beam_lib_SUITE, [batch])”, but I can’t seem to make any fixes/changes/etc

See HOWTO/TESTING.md, especially the notes about ERL_TOP and PATH.  I regularly use these instructions to perform regression testing around changes to Erlang/OTP.