SNMP + Mib problem : discarded for reason: snmpInBadVersions

SNMP + Mib problem : discarded for reason: snmpInBadVersions

cahill
hi,
        I have configured the snmp agent on my local machine, started erlang
with the with the configure parameter ( -configure ./sys.config ) and
followed the example as supplied in the online Documentation.
But everytime i try to send an snmp request ,( either get or set ) i get
the following response:

** SNMP NET-IF LOG:
   packet from {{127,0,0,1},5000}, discarded for reason:
snmpInBadVersions

I have the snmp configured for snmp V3 .

Has anyone encountered a problem like this b4??

tai Adrian