SSL application and OpenSSL

Peter H|gfeldt

Has anyone tried to use OpenSSL instead of SSLeay for the Erlang/OTP SSL
application? Unix or Win32?

I am asking because I'm considering moving to OpenSSL, which is the right
thing to do, since SSLeay is the base for OpenSSL. However, the support
for Win32 in OpenSSL does not seem to be whole-hearted, and is based on
the now obsolete WinSock 1.1 implementation (containing atrocities such as
`WSACancelBlockingCall').

/Peter

Peter H?gfeldt e-mail  : peter
Open Telecom Platform

SSL application and OpenSSL

Vance Shipley-2
> Has anyone tried to use OpenSSL instead of SSLeay for the Erlang/OTP SSL
> application? Unix or Win32?

I build with openssl-0.9.6 on RedHat linux and it just works, no special
configuration.  I don't actually use SSL but I know that crypt works.

        -Vance

Motivity Telecom Inc.

SSL application and OpenSSL

Hal Snyder-2
Peter H|gfeldt <peter> writes:

> Has anyone tried to use OpenSSL instead of SSLeay for the Erlang/OTP
> SSL application? Unix or Win32?

We have been linking erlang with OpenBSD's integrated OpenSSL support.
Have only poked around with a couple test programs, but it seems to work.