Support for zip archives > 2GB

Karolis Petrauskas-2
Hi all,

Documentation for the zip module says, that archives bigger than 2GB
are not supported (http://erlang.org/doc/man/zip.html#id279135). I
tested that and was able to extract and create an archive of ~3.6GB.
Is the note in the documentation is not relevant anymore?

BR,
Karolis

Re: Support for zip archives > 2GB

Karolis Petrauskas-2
Hello,

Maybe you can point me, where to look for the cause of the limitation?

Karolis

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Karolis Petrauskas
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Documentation for the zip module says, that archives bigger than 2GB
> are not supported (http://erlang.org/doc/man/zip.html#id279135). I
> tested that and was able to extract and create an archive of ~3.6GB.
> Is the note in the documentation is not relevant anymore?
>
> BR,
> Karolis

Re: Support for zip archives > 2GB

Jakob Cederlund-2
The zip module currently only supports 32-bit zip, so there are some 4Gb limitations. (There is an extended format, which most utilities can use. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip_(file_format)#ZIP64 )
/Jakob