TLS 1.3 Development

Code Wiget
Hi all,

"The finalized and completed version of TLS 1.3 was published last week following a lengthy draft review process.
The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) published the latest version of the Transport Layer Security protocol used for internet encryption and authentication on Friday, Aug. 10, 2018, after starting work on it in April 2014. “

It appears that openssl has a current working version right now. What’s the state of TLS 1.3 in the OTP?

Thanks

Re: TLS 1.3 Development

Loïc Hoguin-3
Worth adding that the upcoming QUIC protocol requires TLS 1.3. I'm not
sure whether there are any specific requirements that should influence
the ssl application's interface but it does sound like QUIC specifies a
few things related to the TLS handshake.

Cheers,

On 08/20/2018 10:00 PM, Code Wiget wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that TLS 1.3 was recently finalized
> (https://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/news/252446998/Finalized-TLS-13-update-has-been-published-at-last) :
>

> "The finalized and completed version of TLS 1.3 was published last week
> following a lengthy draft review process.
> The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) published the latest version
> of the Transport Layer Security protocol used for internet encryption
> and authentication on Friday, Aug. 10, 2018, after starting work on it
> in April 2014. “
>
> It appears that openssl has a current working version right now. What’s
> the state of TLS 1.3 in the OTP?
>
> Thanks

Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu

Fwd: TLS 1.3 Development

Ingela Andin

Hi!

Hi all,

"The finalized and completed version of TLS 1.3 was published last week following a lengthy draft review process.
The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) published the latest version of the Transport Layer Security protocol used for internet encryption and authentication on Friday, Aug. 10, 2018, after starting work on it in April 2014. “

It appears that openssl has a current working version right now. What’s the state of TLS 1.3 in the OTP?

No promises but planed for OTP-22.

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP Team - Ericsson AB

Thanks