Thank you for all you did Joe Armstrong...RIP

Thank you for all you did Joe Armstrong...RIP

Matthew Evans-2

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Thank you for all you did Joe Armstrong...RIP

张国富

What a sad news! I wanted to talk to Joe Armstrong in person but I didn’t, I thought there would be a better time...
May he be happy programming in heaven.

Re: Thank you for all you did Joe Armstrong...RIP

pierlu
I only had become aware of Erlang at the beginning of 2019 and just a month ago I started being interested in it and bought Programming in Erlang.

Yet I have to start reading the book, but I saw a few conferences on youtube by mr. Armstrong and it seemed to me he was very passionate and witty and humble.
I signed with this newsletter so to get acquainted with the language and spotted that mr. Armstrong posted on the list: his style of writing and his approach confirmed what I have seen in the videos that he was truly a genuine person.

I am very saddened to hear the news.
Peace.

pierlu.

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 9:07 PM Matthew Evans <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

A life worth living.

Valentin Micic-6

Dr Joe created a series ripple in our minds (and our hearts).

When I met him, he made me feel like I knew him all along.

Yes, maybe someone may be able to live even better life,  but not by much (..and when I grow up, I want to be just like that!).

Indeed, a life worth living.

wde

Re: Thank you for all you did Joe Armstrong...RIP

wde
Dear all,

What a sad news.

I didn't post here since many years.

I have discovered Erlang and Mr Armstrong's book in 2007. This is for me one of the most important book I have ever read. I have learnt so many things by discovering the Erlang world. Even if I don't write code anymore, this experience makes be better in my job, every days... how to think, how to solve IT problems...  I carry on spreading the Erlang philosophy each time I have the opportunity. I am quite proud to say that I have transmit that to younger IT guys.

Mr Armstrong, thank you for your work. Your legacy will stay with us (with me) for long.

Nicolas