Time warp

Joe Armstrong (AL/EAB)

Perhaps you will get this mail yesterday

Either you guys have invented a time machine (well done) - or some mail systems is playing up.

I have just send two mails to this list with a four minute interval

The first mail has not appeared on the list. But the second mail has
appeared on the list.

THIS VIOLATES CAUSALITY.

What has happened to the first mail?

/Joe

Time warp

ke.han
Joe Armstrong (AL/EAB) wrote:

> Perhaps you will get this mail yesterday
>
> Either you guys have invented a time machine (well done) - or some mail systems is playing up.
>
> I have just send two mails to this list with a four minute interval
>
> The first mail has not appeared on the list. But the second mail has
> appeared on the list.
>
> THIS VIOLATES CAUSALITY.

> What has happened to the first mail?

 From my experience, this maillist has posted my postings very slowly
every time I post (I started posting earlier this year).
It appears quite a few others have had issues as well.
I hope it does get fixed at some point.
thanks, ke han

Time warp

Raimo Niskanen-3
I do not read the list via mail, but instead news, and thus
I get most interesting (in this case) headers stripped off.

If you read the list via mail, you can take a raw dump of
the mail delayed 8 days and investigate all headers or
send it to me, and I will have a look.

I have seen users mailing from ericsson.com getting their
outgoing mail delayed with an arbitrary amount (30 min,
2 days, perhaps 8 days), so there might be a problem
with some Exchange server within Ericsson. The complete
mail headers might tell.

Causality was probably violated already with your mail
that got delayed 8 days - I am sure you have successfully
posted since then.