Uninstall manually on Windows

Yusuke Masuda
Hi.
I would like to ask about how to uninstall erlang on Windows manually.

We use the erlang on Windows with embeding our installer.
When we cancel our installation, our installer rolled back the installation.
But some erlang files (maybe registry also) were remained, and we couldn't uninstall the erlang completely.
I'm not sure the erlang installer supports cancellation and rollback though, I need to uninstall it anyway.
So I need to get how to uninstall manually.

Regards,

Yusuke.

Re: Uninstall manually on Windows

Lukas Larsson-8
Hello,

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 9:16 AM Yusuke Masuda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi.
I would like to ask about how to uninstall erlang on Windows manually.

We use the erlang on Windows with embeding our installer.
When we cancel our installation, our installer rolled back the installation.
But some erlang files (maybe registry also) were remained, and we couldn't uninstall the erlang completely.
I'm not sure the erlang installer supports cancellation and rollback though, I need to uninstall it anyway.
So I need to get how to uninstall manually.

The scripts used to install Erlang on windows are available here: https://github.com/erlang/otp/tree/master/erts/etc/win32/nsis

You should be able to see from there what things are changed when it is installed and revert them.

I don't know how well the installer handles roll-backs, but I would imagine that it could be problematic.

Lukas