Using UNIX sockets with Erlang

Sean Hinde-2
Hi J?r?me,

>   I'd like to use UNIX socket with Erlang but I did not
>   find any module (both within the release and in contribs)
>   supporting this.
>
>   Can someone enlighten me? Has someone already implemented this?

There is a driver for UNIX domain sockets in the examples directory of the
kernel application. I would guess it should basically work but I've never
tested it or used it, and I'm pretty certain Ericsson don't test it
regularly..

There are some (incomplete) docs about it at:

http://www.erlang.org/doc/r7b/erts-5.0.1/doc/html/alt_dist.html#3

Good luck,
Sean

> --
> J?r?me Marant <jerome.marant>
>               <jerome>

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER:

Using UNIX sockets with Erlang

Jérôme Marant-2
Sean Hinde <Sean.Hinde> writes:

> There is a driver for UNIX domain sockets in the examples directory of the
> kernel application. I would guess it should basically work but I've never
> tested it or used it, and I'm pretty certain Ericsson don't test it
> regularly..

  Well, when grepping within the latest sources, I found something like
  what you mentioned. However, it would be better to make it standard
  in order to avoid its inclusion in every source code that requires
  UNIX sockets.

  BTW, how do you use drivers?

> There are some (incomplete) docs about it at:
> http://www.erlang.org/doc/r7b/erts-5.0.1/doc/html/alt_dist.html#3

  It's like nothing was written about it ;-)

  Thanks.

--
J?r?me Marant <jerome>
              <jerome.marant>

jerome.marant (J?r?me Marant) writes:

> > There are some (incomplete) docs about it at:
> > http://www.erlang.org/doc/r7b/erts-5.0.1/doc/html/alt_dist.html#3
>
>   It's like nothing was written about it ;-)

    No, it's better than nothing and should be sufficient ;-)

    However, in many cases I understand better with reading sources
    than reading the documention ...

--
J?r?me Marant <jerome.marant>
              <jerome>