Video Topic Ideas

Zachary Kessin-2
Hi All

I have been making videos about Erlang and Elixir and posting them on youtube on "The Beam Channel". I would like to ask for suggestions for topic ideas! What are questions that year have about Erlang or Elixir or that people are always asking you about Erlang? (Or other beam languages)

I am happy to cover both basic and advanced questions, so nothing is too simple.

Feel free to email me or use this web form https://goo.gl/forms/nnUH2HBvOHbzsVuu2

Thanks and everyone have a great week!

Zach Kessin
+972 54 234 3956 / +44 203 734 9790 / +1 617 778 7213

Re: Video Topic Ideas

Brady Powers
I continue to think the “getting started” story in Erlang is a bit weak. Getting someone set up with rebar3 and generating a new escript, and maybe throwing in a dependency or two might be a nice video, if not already done.

Erlang already has a unique syntax, and concurrent Erlang, and OTP, which is a lot to learn. Getting people into the write compile run loop faster can only help.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2018, at 6:24 AM, Zachary Kessin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All

I have been making videos about Erlang and Elixir and posting them on youtube on "The Beam Channel". I would like to ask for suggestions for topic ideas! What are questions that year have about Erlang or Elixir or that people are always asking you about Erlang? (Or other beam languages)

I am happy to cover both basic and advanced questions, so nothing is too simple.

Feel free to email me or use this web form https://goo.gl/forms/nnUH2HBvOHbzsVuu2

Thanks and everyone have a great week!

Zach Kessin
+972 54 234 3956 / +44 203 734 9790 / +1 617 778 7213

Re: Video Topic Ideas

Oliver Korpilla
Hello.

I gave it a thought and the thing I have struggled the most with at some point was how to read both Erlang and elixir open source project code.

I personally would be interested most in design patterns or techniques that make Erlang projects most readable to others as inevitably any code will pass on to others.

Anyway, good project. I was disappointed to find this great website codingame.com support a big variety of languages and not a single one from BEAM. Evangelism is needed and valuable in any form. :)

Oliver

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. November 2018 um 05:36 Uhr
Von: "Brady Powers" <[hidden email]>
An: "Zachary Kessin" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Erlang Questions" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Re: [erlang-questions] Video Topic Ideas

I continue to think the “getting started” story in Erlang is a bit weak. Getting someone set up with rebar3 and generating a new escript, and maybe throwing in a dependency or two might be a nice video, if not already done.

Erlang already has a unique syntax, and concurrent Erlang, and OTP, which is a lot to learn. Getting people into the write compile run loop faster can only help.

Sent from my iPhone
On Nov 27, 2018, at 6:24 AM, Zachary Kessin <[hidden email][mailto:[hidden email]]> wrote:

Hi All

I have been making videos about Erlang and Elixir and posting them on youtube on "The Beam Channel[https://www.youtube.com/c/beamchannel]". I would like to ask for suggestions for topic ideas! What are questions that year have about Erlang or Elixir or that people are always asking you about Erlang? (Or other beam languages)

I am happy to cover both basic and advanced questions, so nothing is too simple.

Feel free to email me or use this web form https://goo.gl/forms/nnUH2HBvOHbzsVuu2[https://www.youtube.com/redirect?v=ZIPbpWdyIqE&event=video_description&q=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fforms%2FnnUH2HBvOHbzsVuu2&redir_token=P3Az056SONqOXFOtnYZE31cMtD18MTU0Mjk1ODI1N0AxNTQyODcxODU3

http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions_______________________________________________ erlang-questions mailing list [hidden email] http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions[http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions]