Quantcast

WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"

micern
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
Hello!

I'm trying to learn Erlang, so I apologize if this is a trivial problem I should have solved myself.

I'm failing when using WX, trying to open a window for my application.

Yep, Windows 7 seams to be an odd choice of OS, but that is what I've got.



Doing this in the monitor fails:
--------------------------------
1> Wx = wx:new().

=ERROR REPORT==== 6-Aug-2012::19:42:42 ===
WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/PROGRA~1/ERL59~1.1/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
** exception error: {load_driver,"Det går inte att hitta den angivna modulen."}
     in function  wxe_server:start/0 (wxe_server.erl, line 64)
     in call from wx:new/1 (wx.erl, line 107)

2> Wx.
* 1: variable 'Wx' is unbound


The corresponding code in an .erl file fails too:
-----------------------------------------------
-module(minimal).

-include_lib("wx/include/wx.hrl").

-export([start/0]).
-compile(export_all).

start() ->
    Wx = wx:new(),
    Frame = wx:batch(fun() -> create_window(Wx) end),
    wxWindow:show(Frame),
    loop(Frame),
    wx:destroy(),
    ok.

(more code, loop, create_window, etc).

...

7> c(minimal).
{ok,minimal}
8> minimal:start().

=ERROR REPORT==== 6-Aug-2012::19:49:23 ===
WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/PROGRA~1/ERL59~1.1/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
** exception error: {load_driver,"Det går inte att hitta den angivna modulen."}
     in function  wxe_server:start/0 (wxe_server.erl, line 64)
     in call from wx:new/1 (wx.erl, line 107)
     in call from minimal:start/0 (minimal.erl, line 16)

yep, it bombs @ Wx = wx:new(), ...


Starting the debugger get a similar warning, even if the window actually opens.
------------------------------------------------
2> debugger:start().

=ERROR REPORT==== 6-Aug-2012::19:47:08 ===
WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/PROGRA~1/ERL59~1.1/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
{ok,<0.40.0>}


Digging in Erlang library files on my computer...
-------------------------------------------------
Directory .../erl5.9.1/lib/wx-0.99.2 exists.
wxe_driver@c:/PROGRA~1/ERL59~1.1/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv exists.


Swedish...
----------
"Det går inte att hitta den angivna modulen" = "Not possible to find the module"


WHY?!?!?!  AND WHAT TO DO?!?!?!

/micael

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"

Steve Davis-2
Pretty sure this a crazy "Program Files" path thing. Windows still isn't
too smart.

Your easiest bet is to reinstall erlang in a path without spaces in the
name. When I was on windows I would choose to install to e.g.:
"C:\Erlang-R15B02"

...rather than into "C:\Program Files\...".

I ran multiple versions like this and I strongly suspect that the space in
the path is the issue for the failed driver load (yes, even though it says
"PROGRA~1").

HTH
/s

On Monday, August 6, 2012 1:36:28 PM UTC-5, micern wrote:

>
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to learn Erlang, so I apologize if this is a trivial problem I
> should have solved myself.
>
> I'm failing when using WX, trying to open a window for my application.
>
> Yep, Windows 7 seams to be an odd choice of OS, but that is what I've got.
>
> Doing this in the monitor fails:
> --------------------------------
> 1> Wx = wx:new().
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 6-Aug-2012::19:42:42 ===
> WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/PROGRA~1/ERL59~1.1/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
> ** exception error: {load_driver,"Det g?r inte att hitta den angivna
> modulen."}
>      in function  wxe_server:start/0 (wxe_server.erl, line 64)
>      in call from wx:new/1 (wx.erl, line 107)
>
> 2> Wx.
> * 1: variable 'Wx' is unbound
>
>
> The corresponding code in an .erl file fails too:
> -----------------------------------------------
> -module(minimal).
>
> -include_lib("wx/include/wx.hrl").
>
> -export([start/0]).
> -compile(export_all).
>
> start() ->
>     Wx = wx:new(),
>     Frame = wx:batch(fun() -> create_window(Wx) end),
>     wxWindow:show(Frame),
>     loop(Frame),
>     wx:destroy(),
>     ok.
>
> (more code, loop, create_window, etc).
>
> ...
>
> 7> c(minimal).
> {ok,minimal}
> 8> minimal:start().
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 6-Aug-2012::19:49:23 ===
> WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/PROGRA~1/ERL59~1.1/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
> ** exception error: {load_driver,"Det g?r inte att hitta den angivna
> modulen."}
>      in function  wxe_server:start/0 (wxe_server.erl, line 64)
>      in call from wx:new/1 (wx.erl, line 107)
>      in call from minimal:start/0 (minimal.erl, line 16)
>
> yep, it bombs @ Wx = wx:new(), ...
>
>
> Starting the debugger get a similar warning, even if the window actually
> opens.
> ------------------------------------------------
> 2> debugger:start().
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 6-Aug-2012::19:47:08 ===
> WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/PROGRA~1/ERL59~1.1/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
> {ok,<0.40.0>}
>
>
> Digging in Erlang library files on my computer...
> -------------------------------------------------
> Directory .../erl5.9.1/lib/wx-0.99.2 exists.
> wxe_driver:/PROGRA~1/ERL59~1.1/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv exists.
>
>
> Swedish...
> ----------
> "Det g?r inte att hitta den angivna modulen" = "Not possible to find the
> module"
>
>
> WHY?!?!?!  AND WHAT TO DO?!?!?!
>
> /micael
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://erlang.2086793.n4.nabble.com/WX-Failed-loading-wxe-driver-tp4655138.html
> Sent from the Erlang Questions mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> erlang-questions mailing list
> erlang-questions
> http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/attachments/20120806/7cdc422d/attachment.html>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"

micern
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by micern


Hi again!

I was recommended to reinstall Erlang using a shorter path name, to avoid path names with a blank, as in 'Program Files'.

I reinstalled Erlang to c:\Erlang and edited the Path variable to include c:\Erlang\bin and
c:\Erlang\lib (I assume ...\lib should be there too).

The wxw_driver do exist in c:/Erlang/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv.

But it fails as before. See the error reports below.

Any other ideas?

/micael


starting the debugger
---------------------

3> debugger:start().

=ERROR REPORT==== 7-Aug-2012::21:35:40 ===
WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/Erlang/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
{ok,<0.37.0>}


Wx
--
4> Wx = wx:new().

=ERROR REPORT==== 7-Aug-2012::21:42:40 ===
WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/Erlang/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
** exception error: {load_driver,"Det går inte att hitta den angivna modulen."}
     in function  wxe_server:start/0 (wxe_server.erl, line 64)
     in call from wx:new/1 (wx.erl, line 107)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"

Dave Cottlehuber-3
On 7 August 2012 22:16, micern <micael.erneborg> wrote:

>
>
> Hi again!
>
> I was recommended to reinstall Erlang using a shorter path name, to avoid
> path names with a blank, as in 'Program Files'.
>
> I reinstalled Erlang to c:\Erlang and edited the Path variable to include
> c:\Erlang\bin and
> c:\Erlang\lib (I assume ...\lib should be there too).
>
> The wxw_driver do exist in c:/Erlang/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv.
>
> But it fails as before. See the error reports below.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> /micael

Could be you have 8.3 filenames disabled for 'performance reasons'. It
fits the initial case, but I'm not sure it would explain the 2nd
c:\Erlang\ scenario.

Does "pushd c:\PROGRA~1\ERL59~1.1\lib\wx-0.99.2\priv" work for you?

The other option is that you're missing some MSVC runtime dependency
for the DLL. Check with depends.exe (you'll need to google/download
it) but its self explanatory really. IIRC this error can also occur.

My final next step would be to run procexp from sysinternals.com and
get a list of all activities referring to wx in filepath. This will
likely clarify where erlang is searching and failing to find the DLL.

A+
Dave


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"

Dmitry Kolesnikov
In reply to this post by micern
Most likely you have an issue with dependencies. Could you check what
libraries are imported by driver and validate that system has
corresponding ones?

Best Regards,
Dmitry >-|-|-*>


On 7.8.2012, at 23.16, micern <micael.erneborg> wrote:

>
>
> Hi again!
>
> I was recommended to reinstall Erlang using a shorter path name, to avoid
> path names with a blank, as in 'Program Files'.
>
> I reinstalled Erlang to c:\Erlang and edited the Path variable to include
> c:\Erlang\bin and
> c:\Erlang\lib (I assume ...\lib should be there too).
>
> The wxw_driver do exist in c:/Erlang/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv.
>
> But it fails as before. See the error reports below.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> /micael
>
>
> starting the debugger
> ---------------------
>
> 3> debugger:start().
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 7-Aug-2012::21:35:40 ===
> WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/Erlang/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
> {ok,<0.37.0>}
>
>
> Wx
> --
> 4> Wx = wx:new().
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 7-Aug-2012::21:42:40 ===
> WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/Erlang/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
> ** exception error: {load_driver,"Det g?r inte att hitta den angivna
> modulen."}
>     in function  wxe_server:start/0 (wxe_server.erl, line 64)
>     in call from wx:new/1 (wx.erl, line 107)
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://erlang.2086793.n4.nabble.com/WX-Failed-loading-wxe-driver-tp4655138p4655139.html
> Sent from the Erlang Questions mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> erlang-questions mailing list
> erlang-questions
> http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-questions


Loading...