Quantcast

WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"

micern
Hello!

I'm trying to learn Erlang, so I apologize if this is a trivial problem I should have solved myself.

I'm failing when using WX, trying to open a window for my application.

Yep, Windows 7 seams to be an odd choice of OS, but that is what I've got.

Doing this in the monitor fails:
--------------------------------
1> Wx = wx:new().

=ERROR REPORT==== 6-Aug-2012::19:42:42 ===
WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/PROGRA~1/ERL59~1.1/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
** exception error: {load_driver,"Det går inte att hitta den angivna modulen."}
     in function  wxe_server:start/0 (wxe_server.erl, line 64)
     in call from wx:new/1 (wx.erl, line 107)

2> Wx.
* 1: variable 'Wx' is unbound

The corresponding code in an .erl file fails too:
-module(minimal).

-include_lib("wx/include/wx.hrl").

-export([start/0]).
-compile(export_all).

start() ->
    Wx = wx:new(),
    Frame = wx:batch(fun() -> create_window(Wx) end),
    wxWindow:show(Frame),
    loop(Frame),
    wx:destroy(),
    ok.

(more code, loop, create_window, etc).

7> c(minimal).
{ok,minimal}
8> minimal:start().

=ERROR REPORT==== 6-Aug-2012::19:49:23 ===
WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/PROGRA~1/ERL59~1.1/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
** exception error: {load_driver,"Det går inte att hitta den angivna modulen."}
     in function  wxe_server:start/0 (wxe_server.erl, line 64)
     in call from wx:new/1 (wx.erl, line 107)
     in call from minimal:start/0 (minimal.erl, line 16)

yep, it bombs @ Wx = wx:new(), ...

Starting the debugger get a similar warning, even if the window actually opens.
2> debugger:start().

=ERROR REPORT==== 6-Aug-2012::19:47:08 ===
WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"@"c:/PROGRA~1/ERL59~1.1/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv"
{ok,<0.40.0>}

Digging in Erlang library files on my computer...
Directory .../erl5.9.1/lib/wx-0.99.2 exists.
wxe_driver@c:/PROGRA~1/ERL59~1.1/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv exists.

Swedish...
----------
"Det går inte att hitta den angivna modulen" = "Not possible to find the module"

WHY?!?!?!  AND WHAT TO DO?!?!?!

/micael

Re: WX Failed loading "wxe_driver"

micern

Hi again!

I was recommended to reinstall Erlang using a shorter path name, to avoid path names with a blank, as in 'Program Files'.

I reinstalled Erlang to c:\Erlang and edited the Path variable to include c:\Erlang\bin and
c:\Erlang\lib (I assume ...\lib should be there too).

The wxw_driver do exist in c:/Erlang/lib/wx-0.99.2/priv.

But it fails as before. See the error reports below.

Any other ideas?

/micael

starting the debugger

3> debugger:start().