WX not working!

Mike Williams
My old  Pee Cee gave up the ghost and is now pushing up the daisies.
However I had most things backed up, except the Erlang/OTP  installation which I assumed would be easy to reproduce, but is wasn't .

What wx packages do I need  to get wx working?  Despite having installed every wx package  I can think off, I still get the message:

"configure: WARNING: Can not link wx program are all developer packages installed?"

Any helpful advice  be appreciated!

Thanks,

mIKe

Re: WX not working!

zxq9-2
On 2017年10月10日 火曜日 20:45:42 Mike Williams wrote:

> My old  Pee Cee gave up the ghost and is now pushing up the daisies.
> However I had most things backed up, except the Erlang/OTP  installation
> which I assumed would be easy to reproduce, but is wasn't .
>
> What wx packages do I need  to get wx working?  Despite having installed
> every wx package  I can think off, I still get the message:
>
> "configure: WARNING: Can not link wx program are all developer packages
> installed?"
>
> Any helpful advice  be appreciated!

On Ubuntu and Debian I believe the following are present before I build:

Possible
 - lib64ncurses5-dev

Installed
 - libncurses5-dev
 - libssl-dev
 - wx-common
 - libwxbase3.0-dev
 - flex
 - xsltproc
 - libwxgtk3.0-dev

I am not quite sure what the minimum requirements are just to get wx to
work, though.

If you're on a different distro it will look similar to this.

-Craig

Re: WX not working!

Attila Rajmund Nohl

> On 2017年10月10日 火曜日 20:45:42 Mike Williams wrote:
>> My old  Pee Cee gave up the ghost and is now pushing up the daisies.
>> However I had most things backed up, except the Erlang/OTP  installation
>> which I assumed would be easy to reproduce, but is wasn't .
>>
>> What wx packages do I need  to get wx working?  Despite having installed
>> every wx package  I can think off, I still get the message:
>>
>> "configure: WARNING: Can not link wx program are all developer packages
>> installed?"
>>
>> Any helpful advice  be appreciated!
>
> On Ubuntu and Debian I believe the following are present before I build:

On Ubuntu and Debian the
apt-get build-dep erlang

command will install everything required to build the package -
probably that's good enough for building from source.

Re: WX not working!

Roger Lipscombe-2
Here are my vagrant shell-provisioning scripts for Erlang pre-reqs on
Ubuntu 16.04:

install-erlang-prerequisites.sh

#!/bin/sh

# I'm assuming that build-essential is required; it's hard to tell, because
# Vagrant on VirtualBox installs a bunch of compiler-type stuff in order to
# upgrade the Guest Additions.
sudo apt-get -y install build-essential     # assumed

# These will result in the build failing if they're not present.
sudo apt-get -y install autoconf m4         # ./otp_build: autoconf: not found
sudo apt-get -y install libssl-dev          # No usable OpenSSL found
sudo apt-get -y install libncurses5-dev     # configure: error: No
curses library functions found

# I'd consider this one "essential", because you need it to make observer work.
sudo apt-get -y install libwxgtk3.0-dev     # wxWidgets not found, wx
will NOT be usable

install-erlang-optional-prerequisites.sh

#!/bin/sh

# I consider these "optional", because I've never noticed them missing.
sudo apt-get -y install default-jdk         # jinterface     : No Java
compiler found
sudo apt-get -y install unixodbc-dev        # odbc           : ODBC
library - link check failed

# These are for the documentation.
sudo apt-get -y install xsltproc fop libxml2-utils

I've tested these with Erlang/OTP 19.3.x; not with 20.x (yet).

(forgot to cc the list, apologies to Mike for the duplicate...)

On 10 October 2017 at 20:45, Mike Williams
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> My old  Pee Cee gave up the ghost and is now pushing up the daisies.
> However I had most things backed up, except the Erlang/OTP  installation
> which I assumed would be easy to reproduce, but is wasn't .
>
> What wx packages do I need  to get wx working?  Despite having installed
> every wx package  I can think off, I still get the message:
>
> "configure: WARNING: Can not link wx program are all developer packages
> installed?"
>
> Any helpful advice  be appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> mIKe

Re: WX not working!

Mike Williams
All worked after I had installed openGL!
Thanks
mike