Web Service Samples

Rodrigo Dominguez
I'm looking into building Web Services in Erlang as a backend for web applications.

I'm wondering if there are nice open source projects I can look at, any open source app with cowboy or webmachine would be nice.

I tried to look on code search engines for projects using cowboy or webmachine but I couldn't fine end user applications, I meant, most of the projects I found were tools or modules to build applications, but not complete applications that coudl be deployed and used by end users.

To give you an example of applications I've been building:

* A backend for game applications where a client can register, login, search for other users, get into a team, record metrics of games, reportings of it.
* A backend for an auction system where users can register, publish an auction, list for auctions, bid, etc.
* A backend for a CMS, where users can create and collaborate in a document at the same time.

Thank you

Rod

Re: <DKIM> Web Service Samples

Marco Molteni
I find this sample project very useful as an example of integration of various Erlang and web technologies. It has also th e advantage of being relatively small, so easier to understand

http://inaka.net/blog/2015/11/13/erlang-serpents/

> On 8 May 2016, at 02:19, Rodrigo Dominguez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm looking into building Web Services in Erlang as a backend for web applications.
>
> I'm wondering if there are nice open source projects I can look at, any open source app with cowboy or webmachine would be nice.
>
> I tried to look on code search engines for projects using cowboy or webmachine but I couldn't fine end user applications, I meant, most of the projects I found were tools or modules to build applications, but not complete applications that coudl be deployed and used by end users.
>
> To give you an example of applications I've been building:
>
> * A backend for game applications where a client can register, login, search for other users, get into a team, record metrics of games, reportings of it.
> * A backend for an auction system where users can register, publish an auction, list for auctions, bid, etc.
> * A backend for a CMS, where users can create and collaborate in a document at the same time.
>
> Thank you
>
> Rod

Re: Web Service Samples

Brujo Benavides-2

Hi Rodrigo,

  We (http://inaka.github.io) have a couple of apps that fit your description. You should check:
  - https://github.com/inaka/canillita
  - https://github.com/inaka/lsl
  - https://github.com/inaka/serpents
  - https://github.com/inaka/fiar

Cheers!

On May 8, 2016 3:58 AM, "Rodrigo Dominguez" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Michael Truog
CloudI (http://cloudi.org) provides a service abstraction for Erlang and other programming languages.  The services don't need to be web services, but can be by using services with cowboy and/or elli that is provided (as cloudi_service_http_cowboy and cloudi_service_http_elli, or adding a different service for a HTTP server).  For Erlang-only usage the https://github.com/CloudI/cloudi_core repo is provided and https://github.com/CloudI/CloudI/tree/develop/examples/hello_world5#hello-world-5-example provides information about embedding cloudi_core usage in an Erlang application.

Some examples that use non-Erlang programming languages are:
https://github.com/okeuday/sillymud
https://github.com/okeuday/odroid_fish