Quantcast

Where I can I propose corrections to the docs?

Where I can I propose corrections to the docs?

7stud
I found what I've concluded is an error in the docs (and in Programming Erlang (2nd Ed).  Is there somewhere I can file a proposed change to the docs? It doesn't seem like bugs.erlang or github erlang invite doc requests.

Thanks.

Re: Where I can I propose corrections to the docs?

Dmytro Lytovchenko
Docs are located inside github.com/erlang/otp repository
Fork it and check out your copy
Build Erlang normally using `./otp_build.sh setup` (this will run autoconf/automake and then will make)
After this you can modify docs and build them using `make docs` - for this you may need extra packages installed such as texlive.
Commit your changes to a branch in your copy on Github
Click create pull request on Github.

But first i'd double check in advance if they want your changes.

I found what I've concluded is an error in the docs (and in Programming Erlang (2nd Ed).  Is there somewhere I can file a proposed change to the docs? It doesn't seem like bugs.erlang or github erlang invite doc requests.

Thanks.

Re: Where I can I propose corrections to the docs?

7stud
> But first i'd double check in advance if they want your changes.

How do I do that?  My proposed changes are the question and answer here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42170675/bit-syntax-default-size-in-pattern-matching

Thanks.