Zotonic - becoming OTP apps

Marc Worrell
Zotonic is the Erlang open source Content Management System and Framework.

We have a breaking update coming.

The coming days we will add OTP compatibility to Zotonic.
For this we are splitting Zotonic in many loose OTP applications and publish those as Hex packages.

There will also be an umbrella Zotonic project that can act as an application server.

In the coming weeks we will finalize the last missing OTP bits (think rebar3 templates and module installation).

The result will be tagged Zotonic as 1.0.0-alpha1 and publish all the Hex packages.

More information is here http://zotonic.com/blog/1097/splitting-up-zotonic-in-otp-apps---big-changes-coming

Cheers, Marc and all others of the Zotonic team.

Re: Zotonic - becoming OTP apps

Max Lapshin-2
Very interesting!

You will extract subparts as libraries?

Re: Zotonic - becoming OTP apps

Marc Worrell
Yes, we made a single umbrella project with all parts in “apps/“.
Those parts will be published as separate Hex packages.

Then we will add some example projects to show how to make your
own Zotonic project or include it in another project.

- Marc

> On 05 Jul 2017, at 15:19, Max Lapshin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Very interesting!
>
> You will extract subparts as libraries?

Re: Zotonic - becoming OTP apps

Marc Worrell
Though we have a problem with defining proper dependencies between the “apps”.

This is an issue the rebar3 people are looking into.

https://github.com/erlang/rebar3/pull/1559

- Marc

> On 05 Jul 2017, at 15:28, Marc Worrell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes, we made a single umbrella project with all parts in “apps/“.
> Those parts will be published as separate Hex packages.
>
> Then we will add some example projects to show how to make your
> own Zotonic project or include it in another project.
>
> - Marc
>

>> On 05 Jul 2017, at 15:19, Max Lapshin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Very interesting!
>>
>> You will extract subparts as libraries?

Re: Zotonic - becoming OTP apps

Max Lapshin-2
You are really brave!

It is a very hard task to maintain such project.

Re: Zotonic - becoming OTP apps

Marc Worrell
We have active support from quite some companies.

Especially Driebit, Maximonster, and Channel.me are dedicating employee time.

Thanks to their support we can maintain and make Zotonic better.

- Marc