Zotonic, the Erlang CMS, has been released.

Zotonic, the Erlang CMS, has been released.

Marc Worrell
Today we released the Erlang CMS Zotonic.

It is fast, easy to use and open source. Check it out at http://zotonic.com/

Zotonic is the first Erlang CMS that is ready to use after
installation. No programming needed.
We made Zotonic to meet the challenges of modern web site design and
evolving computer architecture.

Some highlights of Zotonic are:
- A great editorial environment.
- Event driven web development (like Nitrogen).
- Flexible template system based on extended Django/ErlyDTL.
- Extensible modules.
- Friendly for editors, front-enders and programmers.
- Speed, through the use of Erlang, memoization and caching.

We especially like to thank the authors of Webmachine, ErlyDTL,
epgsql, MochiWeb and Nitrogen.

For more information, please contact [hidden email]

Kind regards,

Marc Worrell, Tim Benniks, Arjan Scherpenisse, Peet Sneekes and
Mannschaft.

erlang-questions (at) erlang.org

Re: Zotonic, the Erlang CMS, has been released.

Dmitrii Dimandt
Haven't looked at Zotonic in detail yet, but I can say "wow!" just by
looking at the docs :)

Looks hot!

On Nov 13, 2009, at 17:19 , Marc Worrell wrote:

> Today we released the Erlang CMS Zotonic.
>
> It is fast, easy to use and open source. Check it out at http://zotonic.com/
>
> Zotonic is the first Erlang CMS that is ready to use after
> installation. No programming needed.
> We made Zotonic to meet the challenges of modern web site design and
> evolving computer architecture.
>
> Some highlights of Zotonic are:
> - A great editorial environment.
> - Event driven web development (like Nitrogen).
> - Flexible template system based on extended Django/ErlyDTL.
> - Extensible modules.
> - Friendly for editors, front-enders and programmers.
> - Speed, through the use of Erlang, memoization and caching.
>
> We especially like to thank the authors of Webmachine, ErlyDTL,
> epgsql, MochiWeb and Nitrogen.
>
> For more information, please contact [hidden email]
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Marc Worrell, Tim Benniks, Arjan Scherpenisse, Peet Sneekes and
> Mannschaft.

erlang-questions (at) erlang.org

Re: Zotonic, the Erlang CMS, has been released.

Roberto Aloi-2
Great job guys!

I've been working on an Erlang Web CMS for quite a while now and yours looks very promising :)
The admin panel reminds me a bit too much Wordpress, though :D
I will install and try your CMS as soon as possible and I'll give you my feedback.
I hope to release my CMS soon... :(

It's interesting to see how I'm not the only Erlang developer working on these strange creatures...

Roberto Aloi
[hidden email]
http://www.erlang-consulting.com

erlang-questions (at) erlang.org

Re: Zotonic, the Erlang CMS, has been released.

Marc Worrell
Hello Roberto,

Are you working on erlang-web? Quite different from our approach, but
also a lot in common.

The Zotonic admin panel might look like WordPress when you see it.
When you use it, you will discover some completely different
concepts. :-)

Though Tim promised a complete redesign, that even I haven't seen yet.

Looking forward to your feedback and your cms!

Regards,

Marc Worrell