Quantcast

bitcoin blockchain

Joe Armstrong-2
A few  questions.

1) How big is the current bitcoin blockchain ?

2) How can I download the first 1000 blocks in the bitcoin blockchain ?
    Is there a web server that can give me the N'th block????

(I don't want to download the entire blockchain - and then take the
first 1000 blocks)

3) Has anybody written an erlang blockchain checker - I'd want
to validate the first 1000 blocks

Cheers

/Joe

Re: bitcoin blockchain

Éric Pailleau
Hi Joe,

This site might help : https://blockexplorer.com

See API : https://blockexplorer.com/api/block-index
           https://blockexplorer.com/api/block

cheers

Le 04/03/2017 à 16:37, Joe Armstrong a écrit :

> A few  questions.
>
> 1) How big is the current bitcoin blockchain ?
>
> 2) How can I download the first 1000 blocks in the bitcoin blockchain ?
>     Is there a web server that can give me the N'th block????
>
> (I don't want to download the entire blockchain - and then take the
> first 1000 blocks)
>
> 3) Has anybody written an erlang blockchain checker - I'd want
> to validate the first 1000 blocks
>
> Cheers
>
> /Joe

Re: bitcoin blockchain

Paul Peregud-2
There were an attempt to write a bitcoin full node in Erlang.

It's here: https://github.com/r-willis/biten

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 6:15 PM, PAILLEAU Eric <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> This site might help : https://blockexplorer.com
>
> See API : https://blockexplorer.com/api/block-index
>           https://blockexplorer.com/api/block
>
> cheers
>

> Le 04/03/2017 à 16:37, Joe Armstrong a écrit :
>>
>> A few  questions.
>>
>> 1) How big is the current bitcoin blockchain ?
>>
>> 2) How can I download the first 1000 blocks in the bitcoin blockchain ?
>>     Is there a web server that can give me the N'th block????
>>
>> (I don't want to download the entire blockchain - and then take the
>> first 1000 blocks)
>>
>> 3) Has anybody written an erlang blockchain checker - I'd want
>> to validate the first 1000 blocks
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> /Joe

Best regards,