can't use ssl lib in f26 compile

Wes James
I tried to "make" erlang 19.3 from source.  All went well except it doesn't like the version of openssl that is installed.  I am testing fedora 26, which just came out in alpha.  Is there something in the Make file I can change so it accepts the the openssl that is there?.

Thanks,

wes

Re: can't use ssl lib in f26 compile

Wes James
actually, it's configure that complains...

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 8:33 AM, Wes James <[hidden email]> wrote:
I tried to "make" erlang 19.3 from source.  All went well except it doesn't like the version of openssl that is installed.  I am testing fedora 26, which just came out in alpha.  Is there something in the Make file I can change so it accepts the the openssl that is there?.

Thanks,

wes

Re: can't use ssl lib in f26 compile

Jakub Groncki
Hi,

otp_src_19.3/HOWTO/INSTALL.md contains the possible configuration options you can use to customize your install. Amongst others:
*   `--{with,without}-ssl` - OpenSSL (without implies that the `crypto`,
    `ssh`, and `ssl` won't be built)
*   `--with-ssl=PATH` - Specify location of OpenSSL include and lib
*   `--with-ssl-incl=PATH` - Location of OpenSSL `include` directory,
    if different than specified by `--with-ssl=PATH`

You can use them in combination with ./configure

actually, it's configure that complains...

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 8:33 AM, Wes James <[hidden email]> wrote:
I tried to "make" erlang 19.3 from source.  All went well except it doesn't like the version of openssl that is installed.  I am testing fedora 26, which just came out in alpha.  Is there something in the Make file I can change so it accepts the the openssl that is there?.

Thanks,

wes

Re: can't use ssl lib in f26 compile

Dmitry Kolesnikov-2

and you have openssl devel package installed on your system, right?

alterative option to build openssl from sources.

- Dmitry