cowboy migration smooth path

Max Lapshin-2
Hi!

We are using cowboy 1.0 and it seems that we should start migration to cowboy 2.0

I'm really afraid to make this jump, so want to discuss smooth migration path.

Maybe I should first migrate ranch or cowlib, leaving old cowboy?

Looks that it may be a good idea to use following migrate path:

1) upgrade to latest cowboy 1.X,  cowlib, ranch
2) then switch to cowboy 2.X

will it work?

Re: cowboy migration smooth path

Loïc Hoguin-3
Hello,

Upgrading just Ranch, no problem.

Upgrading just Cowlib, I'm not sure, some things might have changed
enough to cause issues when Cowlib 2.0 was released.

I would recommend upgrading Cowboy and Cowlib at the same time, Cowboy
releases tend to need a Cowlib update anyway.

Cowboy 2.6 will be released tomorrow, so I would wait for that as well.

In my experience updating a code base to use Cowboy 2 is fairly easy,
you mostly need to remove some unnecessary stuff or to convert lists of
key/values to maps. As always, test and measure.

Cheers,

On 11/18/18 1:19 PM, Max Lapshin wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We are using cowboy 1.0 and it seems that we should start migration to
> cowboy 2.0
>
> I'm really afraid to make this jump, so want to discuss smooth migration
> path.
>
> Maybe I should first migrate ranch or cowlib, leaving old cowboy?
>

> Looks that it may be a good idea to use following migrate path:
>
> 1) upgrade to latest cowboy 1.X,  cowlib, ranch
> 2) then switch to cowboy 2.X
>

> will it work?

Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu