dialyzer: building PLT problem

Manfred Lotz
Hi there,
My system is GNU/Linux Fedora 25, erlang 19.3.4-1 (rpm packages from
Fedora).

When trying to build the PLT using the suggested:
   dialyzer --build_plt --apps erts kernel stdlib mnesia

First dialyzer outputs:
      Compiling some key modules to native code...
then I get 26 times a 'Native loading ... failed' each followed by a
  {{badmatch,ok},...
line.

Here dialyzer is hanging. I don't want to post all output here as there
are some 1720 lines.

Any ideas appreciated.

--
Manfred

Re: dialyzer: building PLT problem

Karl Velicka
Hi Manfred,

I would suggest trying using dialyzer with the --no_native option and
seeing if that fixes it. I had a different problem also related to
native code compilation which also resulted in dialyzer hanging.

Of course this doesn't exactly solve the problem - there are downsides
to using --no_native [1] but perhaps this will at least help for the
time being.

[1] http://www1.erlang.org/doc/man/dialyzer.html

All the best,
Karl

On 24 June 2017 at 14:58, Manfred Lotz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
> My system is GNU/Linux Fedora 25, erlang 19.3.4-1 (rpm packages from
> Fedora).
>
> When trying to build the PLT using the suggested:
>    dialyzer --build_plt --apps erts kernel stdlib mnesia
>
> First dialyzer outputs:
>       Compiling some key modules to native code...
> then I get 26 times a 'Native loading ... failed' each followed by a
>   {{badmatch,ok},...
> line.
>
> Here dialyzer is hanging. I don't want to post all output here as there
> are some 1720 lines.
>

> Any ideas appreciated.
>

> --
> Manfred

Re: dialyzer: building PLT problem

Manfred Lotz
Hi Karl,

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 22:06:43 +0100
Karl Velicka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Manfred,
>
> I would suggest trying using dialyzer with the --no_native option and
> seeing if that fixes it. I had a different problem also related to
> native code compilation which also resulted in dialyzer hanging.

Yes, that indeed did help.

> Of course this doesn't exactly solve the problem - there are downsides
> to using --no_native [1] but perhaps this will at least help for the
> time being.
>
> [1] http://www1.erlang.org/doc/man/dialyzer.html

Yep, although not solving the problem for the time being this is a good
workaround for me.

> All the best,
> Karl

Thanks again. Best, Manfred