diameter circular inherits

Vicent Ferrer Guasch
Hi all,

I am trying to compile some 3GPP diameter applications.  The problem I have is that those standards have circular definitions between them. They have their own definitions and reused definitions from other standards.

Below I included a simple example: To compile the Rx application I need the Gx beam and to compile the Gx application I need the Rx beam, this is because diameterc requires the beam file from the inherits. The module  diameter_make also has the same restriction.

I don't see any clear way to solve this issue without modifying the dictionaries. I could avoid the @inherits and define the AVPs locally, but some types are not so easy as the ones shown here and I would like to avoid defining AVPs twice. Am I missing something? Any idea on how to compile these?

Thanks in advance,
Vicent

File: diameter_3gpp_29214.dia (Rx application)
@inherits diameter_3gpp_29212
    ToS-Traffic-Class
;; Other definitions
@avp_types
Max-Requested-Bandwidth-DL                           515    Unsigned32          MV
Max-Requested-Bandwidth-UL                           516    Unsigned32          MV

File: diameter_3gpp_29212.dia (Gx application)

Re: diameter circular inherits

Chandru-4
On 15 February 2017 at 12:06, Ferrer Guasch Vicent <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to compile some 3GPP diameter applications.  The problem I have is that those standards have circular definitions between them. They have their own definitions and reused definitions from other standards.

Below I included a simple example: To compile the Rx application I need the Gx beam and to compile the Gx application I need the Rx beam, this is because diameterc requires the beam file from the inherits. The module  diameter_make also has the same restriction.

I don't see any clear way to solve this issue without modifying the dictionaries. I could avoid the @inherits and define the AVPs locally, but some types are not so easy as the ones shown here and I would like to avoid defining AVPs twice. Am I missing something? Any idea on how to compile these?

I had a similar problem a while ago and I think I resorted to modifying the dictionaries and copying AVP definitions. The only other way I can think of is to move all the common AVPs into a separate dictionary and inherit from that in both your Rx and Gx dictionaries. I haven't tried this approach but it could work.

regards,
Chandru