embedding erlang

Einar Karttunen
Hello

I am thinking of embedding an erlang runtime systems inside of an app.
There would be C code handling the GUI side / startup, but there are
various issues I am unsure about. The application has to maintain
a high number of encrypted connections and calculate some numeric math.

Is it possible to fit the erlang system inside of one file as opposed to
the normal filesystem layout?

How much space does the whole thing take if I would rip nonused
libraries and the compiler out? Is this possible at all?

How well are ssl sockets supported under windows currently? I think
there have been some limitations in the past. (yes, the customers
want a windows version too...)

As an alternative for erlang we have C++ which would make things
quite ugly. Any suggestions?

- Einar Karttunen