epmd logging with ubuntu rsyslogd

Khitai Pang
Hi,

I'm using erlang on Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS (Trusty Tahr), which has rsyslog
instead of syslog.  I created "/etc/rsyslog.d/70-epmd.conf" with the
following content:

!epmd
*.*<TABs>/var/log/epmd.log

restarted rsylogd, but epmd logging didn't work, and /var/log/epmd.log
wasn't even created.

How to get epmd logging working with Ubuntu rsyslogd?

Thanks
Khitai

Re: epmd logging with ubuntu rsyslogd

黃耀賢 (Yau-Hsien Huang)
Hi,

rsyslogd is a logging service. When you just put a configuration line into its .conf file and restarted the service, you won't get logs of epmd instantly. You may want to start one or two erlang nodes and try to ping by net_adm:ping/1, and you will get logs collected.

/yauhsien

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 4:05 PM Khitai Pang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm using erlang on Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS (Trusty Tahr), which has rsyslog
instead of syslog.  I created "/etc/rsyslog.d/70-epmd.conf" with the
following content:

!epmd
*.*<TABs>/var/log/epmd.log

restarted rsylogd, but epmd logging didn't work, and /var/log/epmd.log
wasn't even created.

How to get epmd logging working with Ubuntu rsyslogd?

Thanks
Khitai

Best Regards.