erl_tracer optional callbacks

Loïc Hoguin-3
Hello,

I have been studying erl_tracer a little, and will start using it
tomorrow. There's one thing I can't understand.

What's the rationale behind having both a trace/enabled set of
functions, and then equivalent functions with smaller scope? When would
I want to use one of the smaller functions?

Is it an optimization, so fewer atom values need to be checked every time?

Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu

Re: erl_tracer optional callbacks

Lukas Larsson-4

> On 6 Feb 2017, at 21:05, Loïc Hoguin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have been studying erl_tracer a little, and will start using it tomorrow.

Great! Hope it is useful!

> There's one thing I can't understand.
>
> What's the rationale behind having both a trace/enabled set of functions, and then equivalent functions with smaller scope? When would I want to use one of the smaller functions?
>
> Is it an optimization, so fewer atom values need to be checked every time?

Yes.