erlang QR code generation library

Karlo Kuna
Hello,

it is 2019, can anyone recommend good open source QR code generation library for erlang (to PNG)?

thanks

Re: erlang QR code generation library

zxq9-2
On 2019年1月2日水曜日 13時34分14秒 JST Karlo Kuna wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it is 2019, can anyone recommend good open source QR code generation
> library for erlang (to PNG)?

I don't know of any, but I totally want to write one now.
:-)

-Craig

Re: erlang QR code generation library

Sean Hinde-4

> On 2 Jan 2019, at 14:08, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> On 2019年1月2日水曜日 13時34分14秒 JST Karlo Kuna wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> it is 2019, can anyone recommend good open source QR code generation
>> library for erlang (to PNG)?
>
> I don't know of any, but I totally want to write one now.
> :-)

This seems like a good place to start: https://github.com/komone/qrcode

A whole bunch of forks added rebar support over the years.

qrcode_demo.erl includes a png encoder that seems to work perfectly well despite the disclaimer about how basic it is.

I'm using it for the current day job

Sean

On 2019年1月2日水曜日 14時20分01秒 JST you wrote:

> > On 2 Jan 2019, at 14:08, [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> > On 2019年1月2日水曜日 13時34分14秒 JST Karlo Kuna wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> it is 2019, can anyone recommend good open source QR code generation
> >> library for erlang (to PNG)?
> >
> > I don't know of any, but I totally want to write one now.
> > :-)
>
> This seems like a good place to start: https://github.com/komone/qrcode
>
> A whole bunch of forks added rebar support over the years.
>
> qrcode_demo.erl includes a png encoder that seems to work perfectly well despite the disclaimer about how basic it is.
>
> I'm using it for the current day job

Thank you for the reference. I'll give this a look.

-Craig

Re: erlang QR code generation library

Lloyd R. Prentice-2
Hey Craig,

Haven't heard from you for awhile. Hope you and your family are well and prospering.

I too would love to have QR code generation. But it's beyond me to write it.  I did run across an algorithm a few months ago, but memory fails me where. Quick web search gives me these:

https://www.thonky.com/qr-code-tutorial -- thorough but math heavy
https://www.nayuki.io/page/qr-code-generator-library

I'm still working hard on Writersgeln--- but it goes slowly. I spent many months working on the erlpress PDF library that I released some weeks ago. I've done extensive work on it since, which tightens up the code and adds several important features. It's nearly ready to release, but other obligations have pulled me away. I've also spent considerable time trying to learn the many deployment options for Writersglen. I do hope to have some kind of viewable release of WG within the next six months.

All the best,

Lloyd

On 2019年1月2日水曜日 13時34分14秒 JST Karlo Kuna wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it is 2019, can anyone recommend good open source QR code generation
> library for erlang (to PNG)?

I don't know of any, but I totally want to write one now.
:-)

-Craig

Re: erlang QR code generation library

Karlo Kuna
thank you all,

Sean, https://github.com/komone/qrcode really looks like starting point
if i find anything intresting in it i will report back