.erlangrc

Sam Overdorf
 I'm back and still upset with the inconsistent use of the ".erlang" file.

It sould be supported by the "erl" program and the "escript" program
or not at all. being inconsistent is very bad.

You guys need to make up your mind and on one way or the other and not
half and half.

Re: .erlangrc

Sam Overdorf
That's just the point. I want to use it for specific configuration for
individual nodes and not have to include the code "c:erlangrc" in each
of my programs (set it and forget it configurations stuff).

Having different behavior for "erl" and "escript" is just a stupid idea.

Sam

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 11:41 PM bengt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> If there is no .erlang file it will not be used. That way it is possible to enforce consistency.
>
> Best Wishes,
> bengt
>
> > On 12 Apr 2019, at 01:28, Sam Overdorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I'm back and still upset with the inconsistent use of the ".erlang" file.
> >
> > It sould be supported by the "erl" program and the "escript" program
> > or not at all. being inconsistent is very bad.
> >
> > You guys need to make up your mind and on one way or the other and not
> > half and half.

Re: .erlangrc

Roger Lipscombe-2
escript scripts are meant to be standalone. If they have a dependency
on the user's ambient .erlangrc, you're doing it wrong. If you want
node-specific configuration, use file:consult to load it from a
better-named configuration file.

erl, on the other hand, is meant to be an interactive REPL (when run
in that mode), so it's fine for it to vary between users.