error in documentation of erl +swct flag

error in documentation of erl +swct flag

Richard Carlsson-3
The erl documentation (http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erl.html) currently says:

+sws very_eager|eager|medium|lazy|very_lazy

Set scheduler wake cleanup threshold. Default is medium. This flag controls how eager schedulers should be requesting wake up due to certain cleanup operations. When a lazy setting is used, more outstanding cleanup operations can be left undone while a scheduler is idling. When an eager setting is used, schedulers will more frequently be woken, potentially increasing CPU-utilization.

NOTE: This flag may be removed or changed at any time without prior notice.

+sws default|legacy

Set scheduler wakeup strategy. Default strategy changed in erts-5.10/OTP-R16A. This strategy was previously known as proposal in OTP-R15. The legacy strategy was used as default from R13 up to and including R15.

NOTE: This flag may be removed or changed at any time without prior notice.

I think that the first of these should be +swct (which was first mentioned in the R16B01 release notes).

        /Richard

Re: error in documentation of erl +swct flag

Rickard Green-2
On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Richard Carlsson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The erl documentation (http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erl.html) currently
> says:
> +sws very_eager|eager|medium|lazy|very_lazy
>
> Set scheduler wake cleanup threshold. Default is medium. This flag controls
> how eager schedulers should be requesting wake up due to certain cleanup
> operations. When a lazy setting is used, more outstanding cleanup operations
> can be left undone while a scheduler is idling. When an eager setting is
> used, schedulers will more frequently be woken, potentially increasing
> CPU-utilization.
>
> NOTE: This flag may be removed or changed at any time without prior notice.
>
> +sws default|legacy
>
> Set scheduler wakeup strategy. Default strategy changed in
> erts-5.10/OTP-R16A. This strategy was previously known as proposal in
> OTP-R15. The legacy strategy was used as default from R13 up to and
> including R15.
>
> NOTE: This flag may be removed or changed at any time without prior notice.
>

> I think that the first of these should be +swct (which was first mentioned
> in the R16B01 release notes).
>
>         /Richard

Thanks for the bug report. I just happened to notice this last week
too, so there is already a fix for it in the maint and master branches
<https://github.com/erlang/otp/commit/5e72adfd8b56f50416d66a018028e2e6895032e0>.

Regards,
Rickard
--