ets reference form name

Karlo Kuna
how to get table reference form table name of named table of ets table?

thak you

Re: ets reference form name

Kenneth Lundin-5
It is currently not possible to get the Table Id (tid()) from a named ets table.
We have recently discussed to add a function ets:whereis/1 or ets:name2id/1 for this purpose so we have it in our backlog.

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP team at Ericsson

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 3:59 PM, Karlo Kuna <[hidden email]> wrote:
how to get table reference form table name of named table of ets table?

thak you

Re: ets reference form name

Lukas Larsson-8
On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 6:28 PM, Karlo Kuna <[hidden email]> wrote:
is there any time frame for this feature?

No, we do not know when it will get done. If you wish to speed things along, a contribution would be most welcome. It should be quite simple to implement.

Lukas

Re: ets reference form name

Kenneth Lundin-5
The current plan is to introduce an ets:whereis/1 function returning the table reference in OTP 21.
Using the reference to access the table will be more efficient than using the name.

OTP 21 is planned for release mid June but with release candidate in May.

/Regards Kenneth, Erlang/OTP Ericsson

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 6:28 PM, Karlo Kuna <[hidden email]> wrote:
is there any time frame for this feature?

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 2:38 PM, Kenneth Lundin <[hidden email]> wrote:
It is currently not possible to get the Table Id (tid()) from a named ets table.
We have recently discussed to add a function ets:whereis/1 or ets:name2id/1 for this purpose so we have it in our backlog.

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP team at Ericsson

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 3:59 PM, Karlo Kuna <[hidden email]> wrote:
how to get table reference form table name of named table of ets table?

thak you

Re: ets reference form name

Karlo Kuna
this is great news