gen_event and distribution

Erik Reitsma (RY/ETM)-2
Hi!

I have an event manager running on a node A, and I want to add a handler from another node B. I would like to have the handler running on node B. However, if I add the handler to the event manager at A, it starts the event handler locally. Is there an easy way to get the handler at node B instead?

*Erik.

gen_event and distribution

Gunilla Arendt-3
Hi,

Event handlers are callback modules, not processes. When an
event manager process is notified about an event, it simply
calls Handler:handle_event/2 for each installed event handler.

/ Gunilla