giantfunnel vs. tenerifer

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

giantfunnel vs. tenerifer

Joel Reymont
I'm setting out to build a service that's best described as a giant  
funnel for web bits.

Do you think I should go with giantfunnel.com or tenerifer.com?

Please let me know what you think!

        Thanks, Joel

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giantfunnel vs. tenerifer

Phil Rand
I'd go with giantfunnel.com and save tenerifer.com for something more general.

On 8/30/06, Joel Reymont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm setting out to build a service that's best described as a giant
> funnel for web bits.
>
> Do you think I should go with giantfunnel.com or tenerifer.com?
>
> Please let me know what you think!
>
>         Thanks, Joel
>
>


--
Phil Rand
[hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giantfunnel vs. tenerifer

ke han
In reply to this post by Joel Reymont
On Aug 31, 2006, at 4:14 AM, Joel Reymont wrote:

> I'm setting out to build a service that's best described as a giant  
> funnel for web bits.

I'm pretty sure the NSA already has such a service ;-)


>
> Do you think I should go with giantfunnel.com or tenerifer.com?

are those our only choices? ;-)
seriously, choose the one most people won't misspell when they try to  
go to your web site.  You wouldn't want them typing tennyrifer.com  
and getting sucked through someone else's funnel, would you?

ke han

>
> Please let me know what you think!
>
> Thanks, Joel
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giantfunnel vs. tenerifer

Joel Reymont

On Aug 30, 2006, at 10:43 PM, ke han wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2006, at 4:14 AM, Joel Reymont wrote:
>
>> I'm setting out to build a service that's best described as a  
>> giant funnel for web bits.
>
> I'm pretty sure the NSA already has such a service ;-)

Well, Erlang is gonna create some competition!

Also, unlike the NSA I'm also going to spit things out.

>> Do you think I should go with giantfunnel.com or tenerifer.com?
>
> are those our only choices? ;-)

Well, yes, unless you can offer some more.

> seriously, choose the one most people won't misspell when they try  
> to go to your web site.  You wouldn't want them typing  
> tennyrifer.com and getting sucked through someone else's funnel,  
> would you?

giantfunnel it is.

--
http://wagerlabs.com/





Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

giantfunnel vs. tenerifer

fbg111


Joel Reymont wrote:
>
> giantfunnel it is.
>

Web2.0-ify it:   funnl.net/com  ;  funnl.icio.us  ;  bigfunnl.com/net

:)
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/giantfunnel-vs.-tenerifer-tf2192592.html#a6072762
Sent from the Erlang Questions forum at Nabble.com.



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giantfunnel vs. tenerifer

kurtosis
In reply to this post by Joel Reymont
Joel Reymont wrote
giantfunnel it is.
Web2.0-ify it:   funnl.net/com  ;  funnl.icio.us  ;  bigfunnl.com/net

:)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giantfunnel vs. tenerifer

Romain Lenglet
fbg111 wrote:
> Joel Reymont wrote:
> > giantfunnel it is.
>
> Web2.0-ify it:   funnl.net/com  ;  funnl.icio.us  ;
> bigfunnl.com/net

Don't forget to mention that it is "BETA". Write it in big in the
logo, too. If it's not BETA, it's no good these days.

--
Romain LENGLET
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

giantfunnel vs. tenerifer

fbg111


Romain Lenglet wrote:
>
> Don't forget to mention that it is "BETA". Write it in big in the
> logo, too. If it's not BETA, it's no good these days.
>

Heh,  http://msig.info/web2.php this  may help with that...
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/giantfunnel-vs.-tenerifer-tf2192592.html#a6073578
Sent from the Erlang Questions forum at Nabble.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/attachments/20060830/0c388e3d/attachment.html>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giantfunnel vs. tenerifer

kurtosis
In reply to this post by Romain Lenglet
Romain Lenglet wrote
Don't forget to mention that it is "BETA". Write it in big in the logo, too. If it's not BETA, it's no good these days.
Heh, this may help with that...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: giantfunnel vs. tenerifer

Rob-108
fbg111 wrote:
>     Romain Lenglet wrote:
>     Don't forget to mention that it is "BETA". Write it in big in the
>     logo, too. If it's not BETA, it's no good these days.
>
> Heh, this <http://msig.info/web2.php> may help with that...

A whole toolset is beginning to form:

http://mfrtz.blogspot.com/2006/08/web20-start-up-kit.html