inets rewrite as NIF?

Frank Muller
Hi

Any plan for this? If yes, for which release?

I’m asking because switching to 21.0 gave us a tremendous boost in perf (efile multi-pollset rewrite).

Thanks for the hard work.

/Frank

Re: inets rewrite as NIF?

Lukas Larsson-8
On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 10:23 AM Frank Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Any plan for this?

Yes

If yes, for which release?

As with most SW development the future is hard to predict, but we aim to have it done by OTP-22.  It is a huge re-write and keeping it backwards compatible, bug free and with similar or better performance is going to be difficult.

I’m asking because switching to 21.0 gave us a tremendous boost in perf (efile multi-pollset rewrite).

That's great!

Thanks for the hard work.

/Frank