managing reconnects in alternate http clients

managing reconnects in alternate http clients

Garry Hodgson-4
We've been looking at replacing our use of httpc with some other http
client like Hackney or Gun. Both of those clients have the feature that
they keep live connections to servers, reconnecting as needed. This is
generally a Good Thing, but is problematic in our environment. We are
using SDP (Software Defined Perimeter), which requires that we send a
special SPA packet to effectively do a port knock to open port before
connecting. The port knock opens a pinhole firewall on server side that
will allow connect from client for a short time. Otherwise all connects
are ignored (drop all firewall rule).

So my question is, can this reconnect feature be disabled in either Gun
or Hackney? Or is there some hook we could use to pass a "grease the
skids" fun to be called first when reconnecting?